Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7328FDA5-50F0-466A-AB34-A355F7EE17BA.jpeg

The music is very good as is the sound.
But awful vocals IMO, yelling/rapping too fast, buried in the mix and therefore hard to follow.
An acquired taste for sure.
With a different vocalist I’d love this disc

Should have this one by next week.....features guest stars Albert Collins, Albert King and George Harrison Universal Hong Kong Pressed in Japan

https://www.importcds.com/still-got-the-blues-hybrid-sacd/600753905449
71AN212wCwL._SL1280_.jpg

Selections
  1. Moving On
  2. Oh Pretty Woman
  3. Walking By Myself
  4. Still Got the Blues
  5. Texas Strut
  6. Too Tired
  7. King of The Blues
  8. As the Years Go Passing By
  9. Midnight Blues
  10. That Kind of Woman
  11. All Your Love
  12. Stop Messin' Around
Bonus Tracks:
  1. The Stumble
  2. Left Me With The Blues
  3. Further On Up the Road
  4. Mean Cruel Woman
  5. The Sky is Crying

0BD538BA-492C-428B-BC7B-2C03FFCEE047.jpeg

Like the Latin/Fusion thing but found the sound a bit coarse and grainy. Noticed it immediately. Old tapes I suppose.
Still, I enjoyed the disc

View attachment 52787
Like the Latin/Fusion thing but found the sound a bit coarse and grainy. Noticed it immediately. Old tapes I suppose.
Still, I enjoyed the disc

I agree. It's not one of the better sounding reissues from the Quad era.
I suspect the old tapes, as you note, from the 1970s are a big part of the reason why. But then again, the recordings are from 50 years ago.... :)

Well, not on digital anyway, but if you can play SQ LPs - yes! One of my favorite Dylan albums; the SQ is just OK, if it would be drawn from the masters into a new SACD, maybe very good 😋
hoo boy--that's all my ever-dwindling retirement dollars need: investment in more hardware and then LPs! i'll just keep pumping things through neural X (and saving for more speakers to finally get that surround master 2 up and running--grr!)
1593394128447.png
patricia barber verse
https://www.allmusic.com/album/vers...list Patricia Barber is,Verse is no exception.

Back