Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robert Shaw conducting the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra COPLAND and HINDEMITH [Telarc/Stereo SACD] One of the earliest Telarc all DDD SOUNDSTREAM recordings and it's exceptionally well recorded and performed. VERY HIGH RECOMMENDATION!

R.a1637592d2baa1c95c54ff3754614152

MA on SA {Crystal Cable/Stereo SACD} An interesting concept: A sampler consisting of 108+ minutes of exquisitely recorded classical/jazz music on the SACD layer from the audiophile M A label and on the RBCD layer another totally different 73+ minutes of music. Over 3 hours of exceptional music!

http://www.sa-cd.net/showtitle/3708
51LAOMwkH3L.jpg

Last edited:
Jean Martinon conducting the LSO BORODIN/RIMSKY~KORSAKOFF [RCA Living Stereo/Analogue Productions Stereo SACD remaster] An exceptional remastering of a classic Living Stereo Recording from the original analogue master tapes

714R2v3ftRL._SL1200_.jpg

I will be honest. I have never heard Patricia Barber before this. I always thought, looking at her album covers that I would not like her. I judged the book by the cover. I was ordering some discs from MOFI, and I thought what the heck, if nothing else it will add to my collection.
Listened to this 2013 release and I can say I am surprised and pleased to say how much I like this disc. Her style is called Contemporary Jazz which it certainly is, but also some guitar rock, and cool sounds, quite enjoyable.
My Hybrid SACD #2748. DR's are 13's, 14's, 15's, 16's. Looking at her discography she is a dedicated artist to Hi Res.
Suggestions for her other releases?
R-4748183-1374250916-4408.jpeg.jpg

I will be honest. I have never heard Patricia Barber before this. I always thought, looking at her album covers that I would not like her. I judged the book by the cover. I was ordering some discs from MOFI, and I thought what the heck, if nothing else it will add to my collection.
Listened to this 2013 release and I can say I am surprised and pleased to say how much I like this disc. Her style is called Contemporary Jazz which it certainly is, but also some guitar rock, and cool sounds, quite enjoyable.
My Hybrid SACD #2748. DR's are 13's, 14's, 15's, 16's. Looking at her discography she is a dedicated artist to Hi Res.
Suggestions for her other releases?
View attachment 70752

I LOVE MODERN COOL which is available as a Stereo SACD or BD~A 5.1

Patricia Barber: Modern Cool [Blu-ray]

Matthew Sweet hit the road to tour for 1993's sprawling masterpiece Altered Beast, giving birth to this wild Son of Altered Beast. While two tracks were studio-derived, the rest are ripping live tracks including a mind-blowing cover of Neil Young's "Don't Cry No Tears," a deep cut from Young's underrated Zuma.
I purchased from Intervention Records, read this: About Intervention Records
I like to support companys like this.
R-19752511-1628181624-2498.jpeg.jpg

Hey Mark, what are your thoughts on this one? :whistle:
Listened to it yesterday, very smooth, great sonics in stereo. Only little part that came up now and again is Burrell's guitar always left speaker blended well with sound scape but frequently Coleman Hawkins sax always right speaker, I felt would intially come in too loud, but then would mellow out.

Back