Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Capture.JPG

Today I played the Marillion Clutching At Straws 5.1 mix from the deluxe box set, I like the album but the 5.1 mix is very conservative and could have been so much better imo. Tonight will be a Yes fest , Relayer followed by Fragile.

oops i still need to open this.. 😬
guess that rainy day i was saving it for is anyday upcoming, a take yer pick type situation 🤷‍♀️

It's SW at his absolute best, IMO - he uses all kinds of interesting and unexpected tricks to expand the three-piece group to surround. Drum fills spin around the room, one track has a guitar solo that flies all over the place, another begins with the bass guitar slowly 'walking' from back center to front center, etc. It's become one of my favorite Rush albums since I got the box.

Watched part II of Laurel Canyon on EPIX.....The Eagles, Joni Mitchell, Little Feat, The Flying Burrito Brothers, the Doors, the Turtles, Jackson Browne, etc. Didn't realize, Mama Cass Elliot was the Queen of Laurel Canyon and her death in England, at age 33 from a heart attack, was instrumental in undoing the glue which held this extraordinary community together. Well worth Watching.

See the source image

Back