Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Force of nature...love her to bits!!!!
R-3215216-1321047529.jpeg.jpg

Cant sleep...this multi channel is just driving me crazy...must have dsotm in quad...yep im crazed lol
DSOTM is like air, food, and water. I must keep the best versions available, at hand, in 2, 4, and 5.1 channels at all times.
Hoping for the day when real quality Atmos mixes of all PF classics start to flow out of the plants. Now that will be sweet!

The new Pentatone release "Four Seasons Vivaldi Piazzolla" performed by violinist Arabella Steinbacher with the Munchener Kammerorchester MKO in Multichannel DSD 256.
It hit the #1 Best Seller spot at NativeDSD one day after release. A very passionate performance. Recommended.

PTC5186746.jpg

#1 Best Seller
Exclusively Available in DSD 512, DSD 256, DSD 128, DXD at NativeDSD

Our congratulations to violinist Arabella Steinbacher for reaching the #1 Best Seller spot just a day after her new album Four Seasons Vivaldi Piazzolla with the Munchener Kammerorchester MKO from Pentatone was released!

Fiona Maddocks at The Guardian says "Given its ubiquity, we risk forgetting the heady originality of Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons. Until that is, we hear it played by a dazzling interpreter.
Every violinist wants to tackle these four-concertos-in-one but keeping them fresh is a challenge. The German violinist Arabella Steinbacher was hesitant before going into the studio, “but then I thought, well, still this my first recording of it!”.

We should be glad she went ahead. Her Four Seasons (Pentatone) with the Munich Chamber Orchestra is intercut with Astor Piazzolla’s Four Seasons of Buenos Aires, written between 1964 and 1970. It’s an invigorating solution. Both soloist and ensemble approach the contrasting styles – baroque energy and bluesy Latin passion – with supple mastery, bows biting into strings, rhythms accentuated, a mood at times aggressive.

Vivaldi’s Summer, with its rushing storms and prickly, insect-ridden heat, sounds more than usually wild, with Steinbacher fearless in the rapid, high-flying outbursts. What a player."

https://www.nativedsd.com/albums/PTC5186746-four-seasons-vivaldi-piazolla

Where To Now St. Peter?
One of my fav. EJ songs on one of the best SACD surround titles out there.

Hear this great collaboration with EJ on Ann Wilson's solo album.

There’s a MC SACD of this?
Can’t find it anywhere.
Would help if the dumbells at Amazon would stop classifying SACD’s as CD’s. If you don’t search in the exact right way it doesn’t come up.

Latest posts

Back