Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is another pleasant sounding Silverline; very good, in fact. Surrounds are mostly ambient with some flourishes here and there, but it sounds great overall. Great album too!

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 4.35.42 PM.png

From Pentatone's extraordinary OXINGDALE RECORDS series comes this delightful Multi~CH SACD featuring Matt Haimovitz [cello]: PLEASE WELCOME... I NEVER EVER IMAGINED CELLO PLAYING TO BE QUITE THIS VIRTUOSTIC. SIMPLY DAZZLING!!!!!!

41HFVQQVE2L.jpg

Last edited:
Life's like a road that you travel on
When there's one day here, and the next day gone
Sometimes you bend, sometimes you stand
Sometimes you turn your back to the wind
There's a world outside every darkened door
Where blues won't haunt you anymore
Where the brave are free and lovers soar
Come ride with me to the distant shore
We won't hesitate to break down the garden gate

There's not much time left today . . .
1615339689947.png
Tom Cochrane & Red Rider ‎Trapeze The Collection
POLL

Thought I'd join in with the Holst and Strauss, 4.0 Blu-ray on my Sony.
View attachment 64376

I’ve been looking to get The Planets in multi channel, glad that you all like / recommend this one

I know this is a somewhat unpopular position :LOL:... it may be brick walled and all that... and the surround mix isn't all that adventurous (but was better than I was expecting, actually)... but I'm cool with this for what it is. It kicked my ass around the room with it's silly compression, I forgot how good of an album this actually is, and at the end of the day it hit my most important metric: did it sound good? Ayep.

More exposition on that metric: was there something weird or so unpleasant about the mix that it distracted me from the music itself? Nope. :cool:

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 1.37.56 PM.png

Last edited:
An absolutely astounding 3 Disc Multi~CH SACD set of THE WHO LIVE @ THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL [27 November 2000] with Special Guest Stars
Byran Adams, Noel Gallagher, Kelly Jones, Kennedy, Eddie Vedder and Paul Weller [Steamhammer/Multi~CH/Stereo/ 3 SACDs/Discs Made in Germany]
R-4100614-1355245147-4576.jpeg.jpg
R-4100614-1355245158-3792.jpeg.jpg

See the source image

Last edited:
Duran Duran - Astronaut

I just pulled this off the shelf after not having listened to it since it was released. Good catchy songs for the most part, but nothing that IMO comes close to their early/mid 80s heyday. Great, fairly aggressive surround mix though, even though it is unfortunately too loud.

s-l300.jpg

Last edited:
Back