Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diving into the LIVE shows from the THRAK Box–great 5.1 mixes!
1615434305112.png
King Crimson THRAK
no POLL for the Box, but a
THREAD
https://www.discogs.com/King-Crimso...d-Studio-Recordings-1994-1997/release/7656859

Out of the 250 multichannel discs I own, I count this as the very best. The songs Drew and Stranger in multichannel take music to a level that I previously only have experienced while watching a movie.
One of the bonuses on the DVD is the film of "Drew" (along with "Annabel" and a making-of documentary), which really takes the experience to the next level. Depending on the day, i might very well rate this as my very best multichannel disc, too!

Last edited:
One of the bonuses on the DVD is the film of "Drew" (along with "Annabel" and a making-of documentary), which really takes the experience to the next level. Depending on the day, i might very well rate this as my very best multichannel disc, too!

A week ago, I invited some friends over, just to listen to the entire album of Tales of Us in multichannel surround. I've never done that before. I've often demo'd a song or two to my friends, from a particularly good album, such as Yello's Point, or had a multichannel album on at low volume during a dinner (e.g. Diana Krall or Buena Vista Social Club). But I was a teenager the last time I sat in a room with my friends, just to hear an album. Tales of Us is one of those rare albums that is suited for exactly that sort of listening experience. I saw the clips on the DVD of the live performances with a full orchestra in a church - that's what it feels like in my living room. I wish the videos had multichannel sound, instead of just stereo.

I don't know, where are you getting the extra .1 from? 5.0 is just fine on my system.

The .1 is my mistake, sorry :) I meant to ask if it’s worth it to listen to a single instrument mixed in surround sound. Or has this been adapted and arranged for multiple instruments?

Weather Report ‎– Mysterious Traveller
SACD Quadraphonic mix

"A transitional record featuring a new rhythm section and marking the final appearance of co-founder Miroslav Vitous.
It’s a typically ethereal piece, a fitting swan song from the musical odd duck in an ever-shifting bird land"

PXL_20210311_215911264.MP.jpg
718BkO99QSL._SL1500_.jpg

Back