Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Giancarlo Erra DEPARTURE TAPES [K~Scope/DVD~A LPCM 5.1/48k/24b] LOVE IT ...... Beautifully discrete!

See the source image

Last edited:
Haven't posted in this thread for awhile. Here are some of the things I've been listening to lately:

Mahler: Sym. 9 - Thomas(hefsky)/SF 2 SACD
Elgar: Dream of Gerontius - Davis/LSO 2 SACD
Viva Vivaldi - Stratta/Baroque Pops SACD
Stolen Goods - Dr. Teleny SACD
Sondheim: A Little Night Music SACD
Cantamos & Seven - Poco SACD
Black Byrd - Donald Byrd SACD
Free-for-All - Ted Nugent SQ
Musicmagic - Return to Forever SACD
Santana III SQ
Mingus Moves CD-4
Two Lane Highway & If the Shoe Fits - Pure Prairie League SACD
Eargasm & Rated Extroirdinaire - Johnny Taylor SACD
Judith - Judy Collins CD-4 (my German bullseye CD is autographed)
Wheatfield Soul & Canned Wheat - Guess Who SACD

4-ears, I liked the music & mix on MJQ live CD-4. Not super-active, but it's 4 guys...

Adam, I love the music & mix on Shaft SQ 2 LP. Whether I use an Ortofon MC 20 mkII, AT 14sa or Shure v15, the hi-hat's sybalance is unbearable. I've experienced that w/Marantz Quad, Philips Separates, Denon and B&K separates. 4DD5 JVC's preamp (2ch mode) or each piece's built-in preamp have the same result. Honestly, I prefer the 2ch experience on SACD. I WOULD buy this mix on multi-ch SACD. The wah-wah is perhaps a bit too bouncy in the mix, but the panning between channels is definitely cool.

Well, to be fair...it's not what I'm listening to...it's what I'm getting ready to listen to.

Just received the CD/DVD/BDA combo of A Beautiful Curse - This Is Revolution. Ripping it now, trying to figure out what all the audio options are. Seems they have the main album in 5.1, then an instrumental version in 5.1. Should be good stuff.

2 great Quad albums, which I gladly rebought.

I also bought a Japan RBCD w/only an expanded version of Deodato Live (w/o Airto, phooey!)

Thanks to the folks at Slingerland, I got to meet Airto Moriera and get instruction and insight. Slingerland was taken over many years ago by Ludwig.

Back