Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Saturday Afternoon People!

Starting today’s music with...

The Doobie Brothers - Toulouse Street

1625341246680.jpeg 1625341275537.jpeg

Quadio Box set.

Say what you will about Audio Fidelity's THE COLLECTION but IMO, it represented a valiant attempt by AF's CEO Marshall Blonstein to release a diverse cross section of rock, pop, jazz and R & B in remastered surround to the masses. While hardly a complete success, I do find myself playing this over 70 minute compilation on occasion and still marvel that without AF's foray into QUAD/5.1 reissues, would Dutton Vocalion's amazing QUAD reissues have even existed....and flourished in this streaming/download climate of the new millennium?

See the source image

Simple Minds - New Gold Dream (81, 82, 83, 84)

(2005) Virgin Records Ltd.

image.jpg

Wikipedia
New Gold Dream (81–82–83–84) is the fifth studio album by Scottish band Simple Minds. The album was released in September 1982 by record label Virgin, and was a turning point for the band as they gained critical and commercial success in the UK and Europe.

Depeche Mode - Some Great Reward

(2007) Mute Records Ltd.

1625362244319.jpeg

Wikipedia
Some Great Reward is the fourth studio album by English electronic music band Depeche Mode. It was released on 24 September 1984 by Mute Records. The album peaked at number five in the United Kingdom and number 51 in the United States, and was supported by the Some Great Reward Tour.

Foreigner - 4

(2011) Atlantic Records

1625364591857.jpeg

Wikipedia
4, also known as Foreigner 4, is the fourth studio album by the British-American rock band Foreigner, released on July 2, 1981, on Atlantic Records. Several singles from the album were hits, including "Urgent", "Waiting for a Girl Like You" and "Juke Box Hero".

The album was a success worldwide, holding the #1 position on the Billboard album chart for a total of 10 weeks. It eventually sold over seven million copies in the US alone.

It looks like I’m experiencing disc rot for the first time on this one at the 22 minute mark. 😢

Better dig out my copy and give it a spin. And just when we thought that 'situation' was rectified! 1625367980462.jpeg

Obviously, SOMEBODY'S NOT DOING THEIR JOB:

Blu-ray Disc Association
Industry Consortium
Blu-ray Disc Association
The Blu-ray Disc Association is the industry consortium that develops and licenses Blu-ray Disc technology and is responsible for establishing format standards and promoting business opportunities for Blu-ray Disc.

Last edited:
Back