Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buena Vista Social Club [Nonesuch Records/MLP DVD~A 5.1/96kHz/24bit] The Espirit of the Old Cuba encapsulated in a moment in time!

R.d1bdbd054fe5c3d120d58273b04441df

Last edited:
Larry Coryell & the Eleventh House SQ Essential!
Homecoming - America DVD-A
Lotus - Santana 3 SQ LP's a different experience with all the fades
I also bought 2 CD, 2 SACD & Japan multi SACD's
SQ still my most listened to copy

more Supreme Jazz quasi-quad SACD's, spectacular performances:
Sonny Rollins
Duke Ellington
Charles Mingus

Jean~Michel Jarre LIVE IN NOTRE DAME VR [SONY/1 RBCD/1 BD~V/A in Dolby True HD 5.0 and DTS~MA HD 5.0 and PCM Stereo] Also contains a 97' Masterclass Forum with Jarre with NO English subtitles so unless you're versed in fluent French .... NIX that and 2 24 page Glossy booklets. VR Concert Video is 51'02" and the music only Album with a 5.0 mix is 44'50...both discrete!

See the source image

I hope that's not the train bringing the new Dutton Vocalion discs for christmas.......... now thats a supply chain problem we understand.

Well, Jeffie, if that was indeed the 'slow train a comin' from Watford UK across the Mighty Atlantic to the shores of the Good ole U S of A, the conductor and all its occupants would surely be "Knockin' on Heaven's Door!"

1637295940452.png

this just arrived today (finally) from Amazon. Great recording - a kick ass performance from DT, - even the vocals aren't bad. There are some computer animated graphics accompanying each song which are cool but non-essential. The surround mix is not great, but as another member mentioned earlier, the overall effect is still pretty powerful. Nice package but overpriced. A perfect bound oversized book with 5 color glossy stock is less expensive to make in Europe than in the US (this was made at Sony in Germany) but its still expensive. Just give me the disc in a jewel or BD case or even a download.

Last edited:
https://kida-mnesia.com/
Just downloaded an interactive Radiohead animation/ exhibition that features songs and isolated sound effects from Kid A and Amnesiac in surround sound. It's pretty cool how it's been put together!

This is incredibly cool. It took me the better part of a day to download and install the "game" and the gaming platform it runs on, find and update my video drivers so that the whole thing wouldn't crash while loading, determine that no matter what I did, the game still would never run properly on the ancient laptop that I use as my media player, uninstall the aforementioned updated video driver (since it had vaporized the surround playback capabilities on said laptop), then start all over again on my kid's gaming desktop. But I finally got the thing up and running--stereo only, sadly, on this machine--and...I'm digging it, even though I am emphatically not a gamer and consequently haven't managed to get very far before falling into various voids. But I'll keep trying...

This is incredibly cool. It took me the better part of a day to download and install the "game" and the gaming platform it runs on, find and update my video drivers so that the whole thing wouldn't crash while loading, determine that no matter what I did, the game still would never run properly on the ancient laptop that I use as my media player, uninstall the aforementioned updated video driver (since it had vaporized the surround playback capabilities on said laptop), then start all over again on my kid's gaming desktop. But I finally got the thing up and running--stereo only, sadly, on this machine--and...I'm digging it, even though I am emphatically not a gamer and consequently haven't managed to get very far before falling into various voids. But I'll keep trying...
Lucky for me I downloaded it on the ps5. Spent about 3 hours wandering through the songs, standing in different areas of a room(or song) will isolate different tracks of the song. It's amazing!

Lucky for me I downloaded it on the ps5. Spent about 3 hours wandering through the songs, standing in different areas of a room(or song) will isolate different tracks of the song. It's amazing!
Yeah--it's ingenious how different tracks of a song will fade in and out as you stand in different parts of a room. (And how one song will sometimes morph into another as you walk down a passageway.) So just to clarify: is your PS5 hooked up to a surround system--and if so, then does the soundtrack actually play in 5.1 or some other kind of immersive audio? Or is it still stereo only? (Or headphone-ambisonic?) Just trying to figure out if I'm missing anything by not being able to channel the sound through my AVR, which the household gaming computer is not connected to.

Yeah--it's ingenious how different tracks of a song will fade in and out as you stand in different parts of a room. (And how one song will sometimes morph into another as you walk down a passageway.) So just to clarify: is your PS5 hooked up to a surround system--and if so, then does the soundtrack actually play in 5.1 or some other kind of immersive audio? Or is it still stereo only? (Or headphone-ambisonic?) Just trying to figure out if I'm missing anything by not being able to channel the sound through my AVR, which the household gaming computer is not connected to.
My ps5 is plugged into my av amp. When I start the radiohead app the amp changes to 5.1 automatically, and there are parts of the game where elements of the sound will go round all the speakers as I spin the character round.

My ps5 is plugged into my av amp. When I start the radiohead app the amp changes to 5.1 automatically, and there are parts of the game where elements of the sound will go round all the speakers as I spin the character round.
Oh, man...FOMO! I gotta figure out a way to connect the gaming computer to my AVR.

Back