Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Hiatt MASTER OF DISASTER [New West Records/Multi~CH SACD 5.1] Recorded with the New Mississippi All Stars as back up band

See the source image
Hi Ralphie, I bought this along with the Wes Craven disc. Opened the John Hiatt today, cover shows SACD logo, but no SACD logo on disc, popped in disc and it is not SACD, just CD. I am returning it of course and hoping it is just a one off. I hope there is not a stack of these advertised SACD's that have CD's inside them.

Every once in awhile, especially in these ultra inflationary times, you have to 'pinch' yourself and ask how Michael Dutton managed to liberate these obscure 70's QUAD masters and release them on superbly remastered QUAD SACDs for £11.99 for two complete albums!

The Hues Corporation - Rockin' Soul & Love Corporation [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

The Hues Corporation - Rockin' Soul & Love Corporation
[SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

Hi Ralphie, I bought this along with the Wes Craven disc. Opened the John Hiatt today, cover shows SACD logo, but no SACD logo on disc, popped in disc and it is not SACD, just CD. I am returning it of course and hoping it is just a one off. I hope there is not a stack of these advertised SACD's that have CD's inside them.
Is your disc on the underside Gold and got STLD-011270 & SUHD-011270A1?
If its like this its the SACD. Sometimes players fail to see the SACD layer of a Hybrid.
JHiatt_SACD-2.jpg

Is your disc on the underside Gold and got STLD-011270 & SUHD-011270A1?
If its like this its the SACD. Sometimes players fail to see the SACD layer of a Hybrid.
View attachment 80404
Yeah, I was gonna rip it, put it in the OPPO, dialed up the Sonore, wouldn't rip, Oh must have only caught the CD layer, opened and closed the tray 5 times, all CD, what the heck, finally popped out the disc, looked at front and no SACD logo, flipped it, no gold or SACD center writing.
I guarantee you it is a CD. Not my first rodeo, but thanks for trying to help.

Back