Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

Just arrived and about to get played, pretty excited 👍

Dmitry Yablonsky conducting the Russian State Symphony Orchestra Tchaikovsky's SWAN LAKE [Highlights] [NAXOS/MLP DVD~A 5.1/48/24]

AFAIK, there is NO discrete recording of the complete SWAN LAKE

Image 1 - Tchaikovksy - Swan Lake (Highlights) - DVD Audio Naxos Multichannel 5.1
There is a complete Swan Lake on SACD in multi-channel on the Chandos label. Performed by the Bergen Philharmonic Orchestra. Conducted by Neeme Jarvi. Haven't listened to this in a while, but it is complete; a two disc set.

There is a complete Swan Lake on SACD in multi-channel on the Chandos label. Performed by the Bergen Philharmonic Orchestra. Conducted by Neeme Jarvi. Haven't listened to this in a while, but it is complete; a two disc set.

I have that one Mike and it's excellent but KAP wants to know if a fully discrete Swan Lake has ever been released

71qSN3L0fjL._SL1500_.jpg

Just posted about this here, so i thought i'd give it another listen. Absolutely phenomenal mix! It has me In The Zone!
1655815000911.png
Britney Spears In The Zone
Like many of us, i peruse the polls, looking for new multichannel magic. I read this on the poll
thread (8.22) for In The Zone:
REVISED: Sine this poll was posted this disc was reissued as a DualDisc with a different 5.1 mix. It makes no sense why they would do this, especially since it's a well know fact that the newer 5.1 mix on the DualDisc is far inferior to the original mix on the DVD-Audio release.

Unfortunately, some of the votes in the DVD-A poll results reflect the poorer mix on the DualDisc. This occurred because 1) People did not realize there were 2 mixes, and originally there were not separate polls for each. Consequently, if anyone wished to change their vote to reflect this change, please do.
Intrigued, i started seeking. Ultimately, i found a seller willing to entertain offers . . . he accepted mine and i finally heard what all the fuss was about! So many of my QQ heroes rate this disc very highly. Another find about which i never would have known!

Back