Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is indeed the quad mix. It's been reissued quite a few times now, originally by Sony as a single layer SACD and more recently by Analogue Productions as a hybrid. Interestingly enough the old Sony disc has fake center and sub channels added, but the new AP version does not.

Herbie's Sextant is an even wilder quad, maybe one day someone will get that out on SACD.

Cool! So all of the SACD releases contain the original quad mix? For some reason I thought there is a new, modern 5.1 surround mix as well on some of them.

It is indeed the quad mix. It's been reissued quite a few times now, originally by Sony as a single layer SACD and more recently by Analogue Productions as a hybrid. Interestingly enough the old Sony disc has fake center and sub channels added, but the new AP version does not.

Herbie's Sextant is an even wilder quad, maybe one day someone will get that out on SACD.

Thrust is pretty cool in surround too!

https://www.discogs.com/Herbie-Hancock-Thrust/release/8170736

I'm not going to lie.....one of my super guilty pleasures is.......wait for it.....

Roxy Music - Ladytron in multi-channel. Wow!!! What a total bizzarro song that I think sounds amazing.

GOS... My Man!! Do you know what you've said? Only the coolest , no 'dagnabit'..best comment you could make, about one of my all time favourite bands music. And then you're playing Avalon...pure surround heaven...:QQlove

And another Roxy fan (y)

Plus : For Your Pleasure, Country Life, Stranded, Siren, Manifesto, Flesh + Blood, to name but a few.:cool:

The whole ROXY MUSIC catalogue begs for the surround treatment , be it by Bob Clearmountain or someone else Surround Savvy.
And same goes for the solo albums of both Bryan Ferry and Phil Manzanera.
:)

Just got this Debut....TULL IN QUAD FROM 68 ,
With 3 bonus 5.1 tracks.

Will spin it to-nite or Thursday.

Jethro Tull -This Was DVD

1543446454704-1726914232.jpg

Keane - Hopes and Fears

This is top 10 favorite albums for me...and the multi-channel just DOES it for me.

One of my fav's as well and was happy to introduce Keane to my kids and all 3 of my kids love this band.
I needed to buy them all the Keane cd's as they kept grabbing my Sacd copy to listen to the stereo layer. I have since bought the dual disk as well to play in the car.
To bad, the rest of the Keane albums would have been great to come out as surround as well.

Funny Keane,Snow Patrol and Muse, 3 English bands my kids and I shared in learning about together and they each only have one surround album each.

Back