Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big shout out to Lute

Amazon just delivered this:

Philip Glass
Lavina Meijer Harp
Metamorphis The Hours

Very relaxing and superbly played.

Glad to hear you like it. If you're interested in more of this kind of relaxing, ambient music, you might want to try Kuniko's superb multichannel recordings on the LINN label someday. She plays vibraphone, marimba, bells, drums and other percussion instruments. The MC mix is very immersive and discrete. Her SACD "Cantus" would be a good place to start. But her other SACDs are also excellent, so it might be a good idea to audition some samples and find the music you like. https://www.hraudio.net/search.php?format=0&keywords=Kuniko

Here's a link to Cantus:
https://www.hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=8811#reviews

Here's a video from another SACD "Kuniko plays Reich":

What I like to do is instead of listening to the same album...throw in a USB in the Oppo and go to the songs category and let the songs from different albums play...sort of a "juke box" approach....this way I don't really know what songs are coming and gives me continuous music without me doing anything...one minute it's Pink Floyd and the next it's Rush....

fucking owesome.jpg

What I like to do is instead of listening to the same album...throw in a USB in the Oppo and go to the songs category and let the songs from different albums play...sort of a "juke box" approach....this way I don't really know what songs are coming and gives me continuous music without me doing anything...one minute it's Pink Floyd and the next it's Rush....

I do the same thing Clint; just set it to "shuffle", and it never plays the same thing twice. It's like having a radio station of purely surround music. Hmmmm imagine that, an eclectic surround sound radio station:love::cool::rocks:mad::mad::mad:

How is it that you are playing this? I bought it only to find out my Oppo 203 wouldn't play it. Region coding or some sort...
$50 eBay hardware unlock for my 103. Uses 2 ports on the rear or you can pop the case and connect more permanently.
The guy operates pretty close to my house. Ex-OPPO engineer, I believe.

Last edited:
Must of listened to this 3x through last nite.

Very impressive QUAD mix by Steven Wilson , really brings new life to this 68 debut from Jethro Tull.

Love "Beggars Farm ".
THIS WAS is now THIS IS .....now quad. :)

Jethro Tull - This Was DVD Quad DTS and DD

20181128_202330.jpg

And belongs with the rest of the released and previously unreleased JETHRO TULL QUADS , quite collectible ALL
Quad survives with Steven Wilson's and Robin Black's/Ian Anderson's quad mixings.

20181128_202504.jpg

Back