Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David Bowie: Young American

iu

Edit: This is by far the best Bowie in surround I've ever heard! :love: Does anything else by Bowie even come close? :unsure:

Last edited:
David Bowie: Young American

iu

Edit: This is by far the best Bowie in surround I've ever heard! :love: Does anything else by Bowie even come close? :unsure:
Ummm, YES. Reality and Heathen both received awesome mixes and awesome mastering. IMHO, they both sound better than Young American(s).
Station to Station is crap. Ziggy is decent and better than the LP (IMHO). Are we missing anything?

Love: "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away":love:

Need more Cocker in Surround!!!!!

Incidently I have discovered that a cd edition is recorded in Q sound so I have ordered a copy to compare. One bonus is the CD has more songs than the DTS version which appears to have been shortened. Same producer remixer on both So I speculate it was his decision.

It's easy to forget how good Joe Cocker was especially his cover versions if you haven't heard him for a while.
Although not surround there is a DBX encoded lp of his greatest hits.

Incidently I have discovered that a cd edition is recorded in Q sound so I have ordered a copy to compare. One bonus is the CD has more songs than the DTS version which appears to have been shortened. Same producer remixer on both So I speculate it was his decision.

It's easy to forget how good Joe Cocker was especially his cover versions if you haven't heard him for a while.
Is there a different capacity for DTS discs? Maybe they have to be shorter.

Is there a different capacity for DTS discs? Maybe they have to be shorter.
Good question. I don't know. I have never heard of a more limited capacity but with multiple channels of data it sounds reasonable. Maybe one of the DTS experts here can answer this.

Incidently this has been the most expensive holiday season for me regarding buying music with all the released box sets and new surround. I need a second job to support this hobby.........or sell more blood 😰

Good question. I don't know. I have never heard of a more limited capacity but with multiple channels of data it sounds reasonable. Maybe one of the DTS experts here can answer this.

Incidently this has been the most expensive holiday season for me regarding buying music with all the released box sets and new surround. I need a second job to support this hobby.........or sell more blood 😰
Maybe also sell off the stuff you honestly don't listen to? I know it's tough. I'm beginning to try it. Even for stuff I KNOW I have little chance of making time for, it's tough when you're a collector.
I'm trying to NOT be a collector any longer.

He's also got one track on the Silverline Classic Rock DVDA .

Listened to some Pogues on X-mas eve.

Unbeknownst to some , they have a Christmas tune .

Fairytale Of New York.

This from,

The Pogues At The Olympia Paris 2012. DD

And they have snow !!

20181224_192734.jpg

Ummm, YES. Reality and Heathen both received awesome mixes and awesome mastering. IMHO, they both sound better than Young American(s).
Station to Station is crap. Ziggy is decent and better than the LP (IMHO). Are we missing anything?
Yes they just might sound better, but song selection wise they suck compared to YA, STS & Ziggy. Now let’s see those redone to make them KILLER 😀😀. Along with Allad Insane, MWSTW & HD

Yes they just might sound better, but song selection wise they suck compared to YA, STS & Ziggy. Now let’s see those redone to make them KILLER [emoji3][emoji3]. Along with Allad Insane, MWSTW & HD
Taste and nostalgia talkin' there... I think Heathen is one of Bowie's strongest, musically and lyrically. Reality is only a notch below.

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

I think we're all just frustrated with the lack of Quality surround titles for one our most beloved artists "Bowie.":love:
It's a little odd that an old ass ugly pooch like me:D has to step in and calm things down! (Sorta like Cousins and Green of the Warriors being: The most reasonable M.F.s in the room!!!):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think we're all just frustrated with the lack of Quality surround titles for one our most beloved artists "Bowie.":love:
It's a little odd that an old ass ugly pooch like me:D has to step in and calm things down! (Sorta like Cousins and Green of the Warriors being: The most reasonable M.F.s in the room!!!):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Hey Pupster nobody was upset.....we were all just joking around😀😀😀. But of course we’ve all got our fave Bowie albums😀

Yeah!
How does Scary Monster SACD sound in surround?

Stereo , unfortunately.

But some yrs back on an upcoming title listing , DVDA , they mentioned it was 5.1 mixed pending release even though the stereo SACD was out there already . Weird that .

Also Bowie's "Let's Dance " and "Lodger " were to follow in 5.1 .

Well there is "Low " in 5.1 .............(sitting on a shelf )......"sitting on the dock of the bay "

I for one would love for Tony Visconti to pick up the torch and remix/release more Bowie surrounds .
He has the know how and has already made great Bowie surround titles .
He's the Bowie go to guy I think.

A little levity ,

In pro logic,

"Christmas Time Is Here " SNL Cast.

And

"The Twelve Days Of Christmas " Bob And Doug Mackenzie

Just some prologic nonsense , though unique Xmas Fare .

Attachments

• 20181224_202614.jpg
    20181224_202614.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 20181224_210123.jpg
    20181224_210123.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 83
Back