Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhhh - the holidays are here, family and friends gathered round (and sometimes they leave the house to allow Pupster all alone with his "prescious.") Hmmm that may have come out wrong - well all alone to... "feel the music." That's more like it!:cool::51QQ:cool:.

folder.jpg

Just by way of inspiration/enticement: The Wall in Atmos SMOKES. I A/B'ed it with the 7.1. Yes, the 7.1 sounds great.
The Atmos is a whole other level though.
Sell off some of those unlistened-to discs, folks!
Trying to be patient, a Denon 4500 and Apple TV 4K are in the works for 2019... did I mention I’m trying to be patient??

Just by way of inspiration/enticement: The Wall in Atmos SMOKES. I A/B'ed it with the 7.1. Yes, the 7.1 sounds great.
The Atmos is a whole other level though.
Sell off some of those unlistened-to discs, folks!

What did your speaker configuration end up being EB? Think I’m looking at 5.2.4 when I’m done, but that could change.

What did your speaker configuration end up being EB? Think I’m looking at 5.2.4 when I’m done, but that could change.
Heights above the FL/FR (30 degrees), SL/SR (110 degrees)
Depending on the mix, only 5.1.4 gets used. Sometimes 7.1.4, I think. But I have the 7.1 mainly for movies.

Nice ! I have tower mains with matching centre and tower surrounds on the sides with the rears in the ceiling and 2 subs. Thinking of just going with new front heights and leaving the rest as is, except for maybe some position tweaking.

Nice ! I have tower mains with matching centre and tower surrounds on the sides with the rears in the ceiling and 2 subs. Thinking of just going with new front heights and leaving the rest as is, except for maybe some position tweaking.
Sorta like I did for my Mom's system (9.1 channel Marantz). Her surround backs were elevated, so we just told the receiver that those are rear heights.

Back