Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to worry, probably 90% of what we listen to is quad or 5.1 😉
Agreed. I’m fine with my 5.1 system. I’m not about to upgrade every time a new codex that requires a new pre/pro, AVR, TV or additional speakers comes to light. I’m sure they sound great, but I’m more than happy and satisfied with my relatively inexpensive but kickin’ 5.1 setup!

Good question. I don't know. I have never heard of a more limited capacity but with multiple channels of data it sounds reasonable. Maybe one of the DTS experts here can answer this.

Incidently this has been the most expensive holiday season for me regarding buying music with all the released box sets and new surround. I need a second job to support this hobby.........or sell more blood 😰

What BLOOD type are you and do you accept PayPal and/or American Transylvania Express?

41384-Funny-Vampire.gif

Last edited:
Early AM I played Laura Nyro's astounding 4.0 SACD [Audio Fidelity] of Eli and the Thirteenth Confession at a moderate level [recommended] and it's an absolutely stunning experience. The surrounds are exemplary and her voice is that of an angel [with a somewhat dark side]. How she caresses those tunes is exemplary.

Again, thank you Audio Fidelity for releasing this brilliant chestnut in 4.0 surround.

Whether you like her or not, she did influence a ton of future singer/songwriters including Sir Elton John and Elvis Costello.

Yes we do have to thank AF for rescuing that unreleased quad mix of Nyro and making it available.

Excuse me but I have to go to the sales thread and make some blood available............black Friday 2018 special price.....

New Years DAY ebay special: A Type 0- Pint of blood from El Jefe [tested/purified] and a Near Mint Vinyl Copy of the Youngbloods: Ride the Wind: $150 + FREE overnight delivery from La La Land!

Human-Blood.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back