Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The final track is "I Can't Get There From Here". This album closer is a pretty enough song, but, for me, a let down because most closing tracks in the Parsons catalog were strong and varied.
This, to me. is a really weak final track.
Again, I sorely miss Eric Woolfson's participation.
Final score: music 7
Mix: 9

So, the question becomes should one buy this set. I always try to support artists producing new music in surround, but I really wish Mr. Parsons would spend his time touring and especially re-mastering older material in surround. I would enjoy that more than this new release. This coming from a fan from the very beginning.

Again, I sorely miss Eric Woolfson's participation.
Final score: music 7
Mix: 9
You are being nice with the final score. (y)

I’m going to have to give it a second listen. So far, my reaction is a bit of a let down. To me, Parsons best solo album is the one he did following the breakup of The Project, Try Anything Once. Probably because it had contributions from the previous incarnation of The Project.

So far, I really like Alan Parsons’ vocals on As Lights Fall. After hearing his vocals, I kind of wished that he sang lead vocals on more Project songs.

As of first listen, the songs that stand out to me the strongest are Requiem, Years Of Glory and The Limelight Fades Away. All three of the songs are towards the end of the album.

I was surprised how decent Lou Gramm’s voice is because it hasn’t sounded very good in the past couple of decades that I’ve heard.

The mix sucks. It’s very muffled. Especially, in the low end. It’s not on par with his last two Project mixes and I don’t feel the Eye In The Sky is all that great either, but it’s better than The Secret.

So, the question becomes should one buy this set. I always try to support artists producing new music in surround, but I really wish Mr. Parsons would spend his time touring and especially re-mastering older material in surround. I would enjoy that more than this new release. This coming from a fan from the very beginning.

I haven't listened to mine yet...but at this point in my life it takes me longer to adjust to "new music"...maybe this one will grow on you....just saying...

September
(with Patti Austin & Lee Ritenour)

You are being nice with the final score. (y)

I’m going to have to give it a second listen. So far, my reaction is a bit of a let down. To me, Parsons best solo album is the one he did following the breakup of The Project, Try Anything Once. Probably because it had contributions from the previous incarnation of The Project.

So far, I really like Alan Parsons’ vocals on As Lights Fall. After hearing his vocals, I kind of wished that he sang lead vocals on more Project songs.

As of first listen, the songs that stand out to me the strongest are Requiem, Years Of Glory and The Limelight Fades Away. All three of the songs are towards the end of the album.

I was surprised how decent Lou Gramm’s voice is because it hasn’t sounded very good in the past couple of decades that I’ve heard.

The mix sucks. It’s very muffled. Especially, in the low end. It’s not on par with his last two Project mixes and I don’t feel the Eye In The Sky is all that great either, but it’s better than The Secret.

Muffled huh? Hmmmm Perp...... o_O

Had this one when it first came out , remember it being excellent sound
Quite agreed! I got this mainly to get closer to completing my EC MC collection (still need Scheiner's Layla), but also because I'm going to see EC in September, courtesy of his fan club! I'm quite jazzed! :SB

Quite agreed! I got this mainly to get closer to completing my EC MC collection (still need Scheiner's Layla), but also because I'm going to see EC in September, courtesy of his fan club! I'm quite jazzed! :SB
That should be great next on my list is the Give Me Strength boxset

D00d, Give Me Strength is honestly one I've the best boxes, overall, that I've come across.
Increased my respect for Clapton's work 10x.
Thats why its next on my list (lol). Just got Van Morrison Moondance on Thursday, Electric Ladyland the week before.
Just listening to Billy Paul War of the Gods DV did a great job on this one.
Thanks For saving My Life

Back