Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auro-3D, FTW!
BD-A 5.2.4

How is the surround/ATMOS mix on this? Discrete or audience?

I've gotten spoiled with live stuff from Mr. Wilson and Pineapple Thief.
Discrete and very worthwhile in Atmos. AB'ed it in Dolby HD Master and Atmos, and the latter was an astounding upgrade.
Though, not in the Steven Wilson sense. No, no. Two different animals.

Muffled huh? Hmmmm Perp...... o_O
Would you prefer I use the word, bloated? Hey? I’m just reporting what I hear with my system, in my room and with my ears.😜

I’m going to give The Secret another spin later on today. I’ll probably have to make adjustments to lighten the over blown low end. I had a quick listen to the stereo version and it sounded decent enough.

Would you prefer I use the word, bloated? Hey? I’m just reporting what I hear with my system, in my room and with my ears.😜

I’m going to give The Secret another spin later on today. I’ll probably have to make adjustments to lighten the over blown low end. I had a quick listen to the stereo version and it sounded decent enough.
Such a variety of impressions about the sound, so far! On my systems the DTS sounds far better than the CD.

Gotta say I agree with you... I also hear a slightly muffled aspect to the instrumental aspects of the mix (especially the drums), but I think it has something to do with the overly prominent vocals on many tracks... I wish I could turn this up loud to hear the music better, but the vocals are just too hot (some songs, such as "Miracle", are worse offenders than others). I don't find this to be a snooze-fest at all, though... I'm really digging the content and will try putting the CD into my commuting rotation... hopefully the mix is more balanced in stereo. I'm REALLY friggin' bummed about the hot vocals because I love the music and surround mix.

Hey, jimfisheye, can you fix these vocals, lol?! (Like you did on "Amused to Death" 😜)

Last edited:
Gotta say I agree with you... I also hear a slightly muffled aspect to the instrumental aspects of the mix (especially the drums), but I think it has something to do with the overly prominent vocals on many tracks... I wish I could turn this up loud to hear the music better, but the vocals are just too hot (some songs, such as "The Miracle", are worse offenders than others). I don't find this to be a snooze-fest at all, though... I'm really digging the content and will try putting the CD into my commuting rotation... hopefully the mix is more balanced in stereo. I'm REALLY friggin' bummed about the hot vocals because I love the music and surround mix.

Hey, jimfisheye, can you fix these vocals, lol?! (Like you did on "Amused to Death" 😜)

i've not had a chance to sit down and pull it apart yet, are lead vocals mixed mainly in the Centre channel (would be unusual for an Alan Parsons surround mix), mostly up in the Front L&R or in all channels equally?

Back