Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Moody Blues - In Search Of The Lost Chord (DVD)

Different speaker setup since I’ve last listened. I’m listening to the AC-3 Surround track and it sounds better on my active monitors than on my last passive speaker setup. I was going to vote a 4 with that last setup but now, it looks more like a 7, possibly an 8. :unsure:

And may usurp mega bitch Roger Waters [& Company] if they don't watch out ......SOMEWHERE, Miles must be Smiling!

See the source image

Last edited:
---------------------SPITFIRE
-------------GOT Dragons?
Last evening I was in dire anticipation of an upcoming show; and was feeling pretty good that the grey winter was fading away, along with the reanimation of dead growth in the garden. Time to dust off the ol' BBQ and start torching some meat, as well. I decided to give this old Reel-to-Reel Quad conversion I hadn't heard yet a listen. Well let me tell ya, this is no Danny's song, this is good old fashion Rock n' Roll baby. With Chaquico playing like a giant, just crushing it on guitar. The first thing I noticed is, it didn't seem to have that Dolby veil over it like a layer of snow. Very nice mix (maybe just needing a little more volume in the LR channel) overall. It seemed like a lot of Phantom center between the front right and rear right channels. This might very well be one of my favorite Starship albums now that I've heard it in Quad. It would be epic if somebody like Rhino could do a Quadio on some of these Airplane/Starship Quads. But no walls of worry for me to climb over yet, as this will suffice for now. Is that a red witch puffing on that Dragon?

This just showed up from Norway - Da Bass - Da Bass :p

View attachment 39939

Hey Pupster, how long did it take to get to you? I ordered ten days ago, but I've never ordered from them before so I'm not sure how long it normally takes them to get overseas. Can't wait to hear it. I've seen Stick Men twice in recent years and they've been amazing. They're also all really nice guys. They always hang out after gigs and chat with fans.

Hey Pupster, how long did it take to get to you? I ordered ten days ago, but I've never ordered from them before so I'm not sure how long it normally takes them to get overseas. Can't wait to hear it. I've seen Stick Men twice in recent years and they've been amazing. They're also all really nice guys. They always hang out after gigs and chat with fans.

Wow, you've actually seen them live? I don't even remember how long, but I believe about 2-3 weeks:unsure:

Back