Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta say I agree with you... I also hear a slightly muffled aspect to the instrumental aspects of the mix (especially the drums), but I think it has something to do with the overly prominent vocals on many tracks... I wish I could turn this up loud to hear the music better, but the vocals are just too hot (some songs, such as "The Miracle", are worse offenders than others). I don't find this to be a snooze-fest at all, though... I'm really digging the content and will try putting the CD into my commuting rotation... hopefully the mix is more balanced in stereo. I'm REALLY friggin' bummed about the hot vocals because I love the music and surround mix.

Hey, jimfisheye, can you fix these vocals, lol?! (Like you did on "Amused to Death" 😜)
-"Fly To Me" sounds pretty well balanced overall and is a gorgeous song.
-I just played "Miracle" for my wife (a vocalist who tends to like vocals prominent in the mix), and even she thought the vocals were too hot on this song. But to each his own :)

-"Fly To Me" sounds pretty well balanced overall and is a gorgeous song.
-I just played "Miracle" for my wife (a vocalist who tends to like vocals prominent in the mix), and even she thought the vocals were too hot on this song. But to each his own :)

Are you arguing with yourself Sean? lmao

Are you arguing with yourself Sean? lmao

Ya know...sometimes I get asked if I'm talking to myself...my response is usually(depends on how much I like the person)..."sometimes it's the most intelligent input I can find"..if I don't like the person I just omit the "sometimes" part😊

I quite agree. Def Leopard looked polished as well. Loved Stevie Nicks and Roxy Music. I kinda skimmed through parts of it, any idea why Janet Jackson didn't perform?

No idea why Janet didn't perform. Was looking forward to it. Maybe she's suddenly SHY? I was really hoping ROXY would've done LOVE IS THE DRUG!

Although Def Lep were never on my radar ... agree they did a great job .... especially with their one armed drummer, Rick Allen. Great ENERGY!

Last edited:
No idea why Janet didn't perform. Was looking forward to it. Maybe she's suddenly SHY? I was really hoping ROXY would've done LOVE IS THE DRUG!

Although Def Lep were never on my radar ... agree they did a great job .... especially with their one armed drummer, Rick Allen. Great ENERGY!

I haven't looked it up, but I'm thinking maybe Def Leopard is still touring? They looked really tight. Yeah, Roxy's set was a little short. All in all, some great performances though...might grab the blu ray if they put one out at some point.

Alan Parson - The Secret (aka, The Magician or, Magic Man)

Listening to this one again. This time with Audyssey Dynamic EQ turned off. This was my original problem and is a much better experience this time around.

Yes. Depending on the title (no joke), one way or the other has a better end result. My vinyl sounds (generally) much better with everything shut down.
It’s Def Leppard. 😜:LOL::love:

When I was a youngster, I used to refer to them as Mute Panther. lol

It’s Def Leppard. 😜:LOL::love:

See the source image

Back