Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WHAM HAS LANDED! Love the ATMOS remixes and the copious bonus tracks both in ATMOS and STEREO. Many thanks to Paul @ SDE. Perhaps SONY will initiate their own Pure Audio BD~A LAUNCH based on the success of these releases. One can only HOPE!

fantastic_sticker.jpg

makeitbig3.jpg

I'm enjoying a fantastic Voyage – many thanks to @The Prof
View attachment 105234 No poll thread, but
two prerelease threads

Why our subwoofers are stimulated by pipe organ pedal tones: they produce the lowest notes of any acoustic instrument.

98313-1709655478394.png

"Wavelength can be found by dividing the speed of sound in feet which is 1,130 feet / second by the frequency we need to find the length of." :geek:

1715123937138.jpeg

"Devotion" by the same guy is even better than this. "Believe" has a little bit of the tubby bass syndrome that Devotion does not have. Both are more spiritual than religious and both sound awesome. Both are steals at this price...
View attachment 105229
NICE! LOVE all of my Neville discs. You inspired me to check this one out today:
Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 8.29.45 AM.png
9.17 on our poll
thread

After my very positive review, Best Of Doors in Atmos, others had expressed there preference for the 1973 Quad released on Blu Ray in 2017 called The Singles.
Yes, it is very good, but still prefer the Atmos. I think what others like about the Quad is the consistent 4 speaker output whereas the 2024 Atmos has inconsistent speaker output.
The Doors-The Singles released 2017.
Blu Ray Rip, FLAC BD DTS HD MSTR, 24bit/192Khz. DR's are 11's, 12's, 13's, 14's, 16.
R-10808418-1505509362-8773.jpg

THE FILM MUSIC OF JERRY GOLDSMITH [Telarc/Multi~CH SACD 5.1/Pure DSD Recording] A sumptuous discrete recording conducted by Goldsmith himself with the London Symphony Orchestra. One of the best in the film composing business and this album certainly attests to the diversity of his compositions from Star Trek to The Omen to Patton et alia ...... Very Highest Recommendation!

https://www.discogs.com/release/119...y-Goldsmith-The-Film-Music-Of-Jerry-Goldsmith

Primary
Secondary, 3 of 3
Have to say, this was a terrific recommendation. Still available on Amazon for $30. How many times have you put on a CD film soundtrack, only to be underwhelmed by the weedy soundstage? Not on this one! From the opening booming of the Star Trek theme, all the way to Patton, this is an incredibly cinematic experience. Impossible to have as background music, as you just get swept away by the lush and thunderous orchestra. Oh - to have been able to experience Jerry Goldsmith conducting this in a concert hall!

Back