Mike Oldfield: Discovery and Killing Fields announced

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Always best to put artist in the thread title too, so members won't be quite as confused and think it might be something else…
With that being said, like I mentioned before, too bad they couldn't get Oldfield to remix the Killing Fields sound track in surround for the actual movie when it came out on Blu-Ray early last year.

So it seems like he's releasing previously unreleased music... In 5.1?

This shall be interesting. Hopefully the announcement also means the 2 albums will be in 5.1. I'd probably pick up Discovery.

Not big on Discovery but I'll buy a 5.1...Killing Fields though is an awesome soundtrack album and one of my fave later Oldfield releases - love to hear it in 5.1 and any odds'n'ends from that stuff that he had held back for whatever reason.

Oldfield just posted this on Facebook:

Hello everyone.
Thanks so much for all your posts.
I hope to have news and artwork very soon about the upcoming Discovery and Killing Fields re releases. I can tell you that the " Suite 1984 " will have some interesting surprises such as a Halloween special re mix....
More to come very soon.
Love Mike

Back