Moody Blues "To Our Children's Children's Children" (New Stephen W Tayler 5.1 Mix!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can imagine swirling melotron sounds emanating from the overheads.
We'll just have to be happy adding DSU to what will be glorious 5.1!

Last edited:
Hey! What are you guys trying to pull? This is a tribute album by Snow Patrol :LOL:
1679500626792.png

It's been a great multi-month run for surround music in general, including some of the best quad albums in their day, 5.1, & Atmos.

To think these have finally seen the light of day after all the years is kind of mind-blowing:

Santana III
Santana Caravanserai
Ten Years After Space in Time
Pink Floyd Animals
Marillion
Renaissance
Tears for Fears

Let alone releases from many modern ones like Brian Eno, Steven Wilson and groups I never heard of ;) All in wonderful multichannel surround formats from old to new.

And now this. One of the best albums from one of the best thematic, prog-rock, psychedelia groups of all time.

Burn slowly the candle of life

Ordered from Amazon UK a short time ago. Got to have this album again (& again & again) -
LP, SACD, & BD - a triple dip :love:

From stereo to 4.0 to 5.1.

I bought the LP when I was in college. I remember the record store in downtown Cleveland we used to go to and I picked up this LP in 1969 after it came out based on Days of Future Passed and In Search of the Lost Chord. Loved all of it immediately. No brainer for getting the SACD's with quad mixes and no brainer to get this.

Last edited:
Stephen - this link:

https://www.loudersound.com/news/the-moody-blues-to-our-childrens-children-box-set-to-be-released
Says that "The set also includes the band's Royal Albert Hall show from December 1969, which has been remixed by Tayler in both stereo and 5.1 Surround Sound."

Is that correct? Did you remix the live show in 5.1 too?
Wow, so we're in effect receiving the album itself remixed into 5.1 by Stephen Tayler and as a bonus the Royal Albert Hall Concert also remixed into 5.1 ......plus 4 remastered RBCDs .......

I ordered it this morning @ £39.54 but an updated page seems to have it @ £75.99??? To Our Children’s Children’s Children / The Royal Albert Hall Concert December 1969: Amazon.co.uk: CDs & Vinyl

Me too. Just noticed this myself. First, it was listed at 39.54 GBP by Snow Patrol as artist. Then it was Currently Unavailable a few hors later. I thought wow, sold out already?

About 15 min ago, it was 75.99 GBP still by Snow Patrol. A few min ago that changed again to correctly being ID'd as Moody Blues still priced at 75.99 GBP.

Looks like Amazon UK jumped the gun or been making lots of mistakes, possibly listing this with the price for the 2LP set. I saw the 2LP set showing some site as 34.99 USD.

Now I wonder if they will honor the 1st price or if our orders will end up null & void and having to re-order at the new (correct?) price. My order entered & was converted to 57.79 USD, incl shipping & tax for delivery to US.

I certainly hope we don't get shipped the 2LP set. Been there done that 54 yrs ago!

I guess leave it alone for now. I would think they have to honor the price since the mistake, if any, was on their end.

Last edited:
Me too. Just noticed this myself. First, it was listed at 39.54 GBP by Snow Patrol as artist. Then it was Currently Unavailable a few hors later. I thought wow, sold out already?

About 15 min ago, it was 75.99 GBP still by Snow Patrol. A few min ago that changed again to correctly being ID'd as Moody Blues still priced at 75.99 GBP.

Looks like Amazon UK jumped the gun or been making lots of mistakes, possibly listing this with the price for the 2LP set. I saw the 2LP set showing some site as 34.99 USD.

Now I wonder if they will honor the 1st price or if our orders will end up null & void and having to re-order at the new (correct?) price. My order entered & was converted to 57.79 USD, incl shipping & tax for delivery to US.

I certainly hope we don't get shipped the 2LP set. Been there done that 54 yrs ago!

I guess leave it alone for now. I would think they have to honor the price since the mistake, if any, was on their end.
For US customers, it might be prudent to wait until this shows up at AmazonUS and/or Deep Discount/ImportCD!

Back