Moody Blues "To Our Children's Children's Children" (New Stephen W Tayler 5.1 Mix!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've all the Moody Blues SACDs as it is, after listening to Stephen's mix of BJH's "Once Again", which breathes new life and clarity into an album (I have on my original SQ vinyl, CD, DVD, and the new version) I'll definitely be getting the Moody Blues discs. As I seem to have 'fun' with amazon on pre-orders I'll wait until it appears on UMC's uDiscover Music Store.

Last edited:
I'm keeping my A-UK order alive for now. When/if it becomes available through US sites, I'll re-evaluate. Can cancel the UK order if needed. My guess it'll be at least $90 in the US, if not close to $100. Seems to work that way.

Well this is a surprise!
Our amazing pal @Stephen W Tayler has completed a brand new 5.1 mix of "To Our Children's Children's Children" from the Moody Blues!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BZ3849XD
‘To Our Children’s Children’s Children’ was the first album release by the Moody Blues on their own label, Threshold Records. Regarded as one of the finest of their so-called “classic seven” albums, the record covered conceptual themes such as space exploration (as the sessions took place as the Apollo 11 moon landing occurred).

This is the deluxe edition of ‘To Our Children’s Children’s Children’ / ‘The Royal Albert Hall Concert December 1969’. This 4CD/1Blu-Ray boxset features the remastered original stereo mix, along with new stereo and 5.1 Surround Sound mixes by Stephen W. Tayler.

I have the SACD of the original surround mix; I don't know that I'd go for the new mix unless they release the blu-ray by itself.

Well this is a surprise!
Our amazing pal @Stephen W Tayler has completed a brand new 5.1 mix of "To Our Children's Children's Children" from the Moody Blues!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BZ3849XD
‘To Our Children’s Children’s Children’ was the first album release by the Moody Blues on their own label, Threshold Records. Regarded as one of the finest of their so-called “classic seven” albums, the record covered conceptual themes such as space exploration (as the sessions took place as the Apollo 11 moon landing occurred).

This is the deluxe edition of ‘To Our Children’s Children’s Children’ / ‘The Royal Albert Hall Concert December 1969’. This 4CD/1Blu-Ray boxset features the remastered original stereo mix, along with new stereo and 5.1 Surround Sound mixes by Stephen W. Tayler.

i can only comment on Seventh Sojourne in DVD-A, because it is so darn FANTASTIC, making Children's Children a probable must-have.

I've all the Moody Blues SACDs as it is, after listening to Stephen's mix of BJH's "Once Again", which breathes new life and clarity into an album (I have on the my original SQ vinyl, CD, DVD, and the new version) I'll definitely be getting the Moody Blues discs. As I seem to have 'fun' with amazon on pre-orders I'll wait until it appears on UMC's uDiscover Music Store.
So cool how @Stephen W Tayler isolated the field snare from the drum kit on Once Again.
All these years I thought the drum kit was recorded too hot, with distortion, but it was the buzzing of the overdubbed snare wires.

So cool how @Stephen W Tayler isolated the field snare from the drum kit on Once Again.
All these years I thought the drum kit was recorded too hot, with distortion, but it was the buzzing of the overdubbed snare wires.
I was the same, (y) The drum kit sound always grated with me (which I put down to it being an early 70s recording), now it doesn't :)

Waiting for official announcements and links!!! SWTx

Stephen, I am curious when you said this on Dec.31:

"I just want to say that I have completed some really important releases for 2023, yet to be announced - and I am also currently in the middle of reworking a truly iconic classic project which is truly exciting."

Is this now the release you were working on when you said this or is there still another surprise to come, :)

peter

Stephen, I am curious when you said this on Dec.31:

"I just want to say that I have completed some really important releases for 2023, yet to be announced - and I am also currently in the middle of reworking a truly iconic classic project which is truly exciting."

Is this now the release you were working on when you said this or is there still another surprise to come, :)

peter
This is one of the completed releases I mentioned in December - there are still 3 completed sets (by other bands/artists) ready for this summer and even another one for early 2024 - I have been busy (and still am!) SWT

Last edited:
WOW is right! My favorite Moody Blues album. I have the last SACD multi-channel and could never figure out why I hear what sounds like a vinyl record scratch 30 something seconds into Higher and Higher...anybody else hear that?

Last edited:
Back