More Gentle Giant in 5.1 coming - Free Hand, Interview and The Missing Piece

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my copy today and it will not play passed the copyright notice - just a black screen and no menu controls. This is the same authoring error as the Chris Squire Bluray so anyone with an older player will not be able to play this. So dissapointed....

I expect like the Chris Squire disc no replacements will be offered.

Did they use a new transfer and/or mastering, or is it exactly the same as the 2012 4.1 DVD?
[/QUOTE
I inverted one channel from "Just the same" and added to the corresponding one in the other source using Audacity: other than the differentials stemming from one format being lossy and the other lossless (minimum high frequency artifacts) and a slight time shift, they are exactly the same. Just the same ! :)

Last edited:
waiting for Free Hand

image.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds fantastic, but for now I wouldn't say it's deserving a 10 in Atmos category of mixes. As a 5.1 is really good, but for any reason I find it lacks something in Atmos (but please don't get discouraged by this very first impression).
I'm still on track 2

Sounds fantastic, but for now I wouldn't say it's deserving a 10 in Atmos category of mixes. As a 5.1 is really good, but for any reason I find it lacks something in Atmos (but please don't get discouraged by this very first impression).
I'm still on track 2
I also prefer the 5.1 mix. It seems that 5.1 or quad mixes are more discreet in general.

Back