Steven Wilson More Hawkwind!!! (Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in March!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was listening to Cherry Red Radio (episode 11 from Dec 2020) today on Delicious Agony Prog Rock Radio and one of the last songs they played was Lazarus from Deadwing and after it finished they were talking about Steven Wilson and brought up the 5.1 mix he did for Hawkwind's Warriors on the Edge of Time and said he had also done 5.1 mixes for Quark Strangeness and charm, PXR5 and Hawklords and they should be released sometime this year! I could not find anything here on the forum about this but fantastic if true. love me some Quark in 5.1!
The 2 CD versions of Quark & PRX5 include some great studio/live and alternate versions. It would be great if multi tracks exist for these as well ... :love:

I agree. I wish Hall of the Mountain Grill got mixed in 5.1. I always liked it more than Warrior on the Edge of Time. Maybe they'll find the multi's one day
3 of the songs on Hall of the Mountain Grill were recorded live with studio overdubs added later. It might be hard finding the multi tracks for these songs.

I'd love to get a 5.1 mix of this one... :ROFLMAO:

img_1_1648010498457.jpg

You can Count me in I'm a Hawkwind fan :love:

But I wonder if SW could have mixed in 5.1 my fave ....."In The Hall Of The Mountain Grill" ???in my opinion ,it's better than Warrior On The Edge..
(Well ,,perhaps the Multi's Might be missing ....or screwed up big time)

Apparently back in the day Dunc, ...there were TWO albums from Hawkwind scheduled for release in Quad 8 from United Artists ," Space Ritual ",and "In Search Of Space" .
AND if they are in the Hawkwind vault , (Atomhenge now) , our quad friendly engineer SW , would be certain to release them as he has with others .

:)

Apparently back in the day Dunc, ...there were TWO albums from Hawkwind scheduled for release in Quad 8 from United Artists ," Space Ritual ",and "In Search Of Space" .
AND if they are in the Hawkwind vault , (Atomhenge now) , our quad friendly engineer SW , would be certain to release them as he has with others .

Six-panel gatefold replica packaging for Space Ritual, one would hope.

LTY0NTQuanBlZw.jpeg

I would rather the fire storms of atmospheres
Than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams...

...A clear century of space way from Earth
While one man stares from the trauma of his birth.
Attending to the hypno-tapes,
Assuring him that this was reality, however grim.

Our journey's end... Landing itself was nothing.
We touched upon a shelf of rock selected by the auto-mind
And left a galaxy of dreams behind...

Robert Newton Calvert

Last edited:

I wish I could ask Dave Brock, he doesn't live that far away!

"Apparently back in the day Dunc, ...there were TWO albums from Hawkwind scheduled for release in Quad 8 from United Artists ," Space Ritual ",and "In Search Of Space"

I wish I could ask Dave Brock, he doesn't live that far away!
Since you live so close to Dave Brock you should tell him to release the quads
Or else we will get Nik Turner to release an Atmos version of "Bring me the head of Yuri Gagarin"
Bring Me the Head of Yuri Gagarin - Wikipedia

Or else we will get Nik Turner to release an Atmos version of "Bring me the head of Yuri Gagarin"
Have you ever looked at a Hawkwind forum where the Brock fans feud with Turner supporters? 🦅

Some Brock people consider Nik so evil, they spell his name Renrut Kin. 😱

Personally, I'm a bigger Nik fan strictly due to the fact he apparently lives in the USA.
Seen him and gotten autographs multiple times since I saw them together in '75.
Brock seems content to stay on his side of the pond.

Have you ever looked at a Hawkwind forum where the Brock fans feud with Turner supporters? 🦅

Some Brock people consider Nik so evil, they spell his name Renrut Kin. 😱

Personally, I'm a bigger Nik fan strictly due to the fact he apparently lives in the USA.
Seen him and gotten autographs multiple times since I saw them together in '75.
Brock seems content to stay on his side of the pond.
Nik definitely added quite a bit of spirit to the early Hawkwind. He has also put out some good space rock albums.
The Yuri Gagarin album was an official release but it sounded worse than many bootleg albums. Releasing it was a dirty & nasty stab in the heart to any Hawkwind fan ... 😡

I know people who have met him, so I known he exists, but I've lived in the town for 26 years and only seen him once (non-gig)! He does live further out in the country...... where there be dragons :p

Quark is a great album. Top tier Hawkwind and probably the best of the Calvert New Wavy Era. But I'm also a big fan of PXR5. It has a bunch of classic songs, Hi Rise, Death Trap, Uncle Sam's On Mars, etc. These 2 records will be awesome in multichannel.

I just finished listening to stereo Quark-------- on Tidal, I really like it, would be really good in surround, I can tell.
Same here, at first glance I prefer it to Warrior ("Assault & Battery", "Magnu", and "The Demented Man" are the only songs I really like from that album). "Damnation Alley" and "Hassan I Sahba" should be fun in surround.

Back