Steven Wilson More Hawkwind!!! (Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in March!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I assume this is exclusive to Cherry Red? Is that usually the case?
No it will appear on other sites, but as Cherry Red is the over arching label its on there first, probably Burning Shed next, then eventually sites on your side of the pond. I normally buy direct from Cherry Red, then the label (its a not a large one) gets more of the dosh and hopefully encourages more surround mixes to appear!

No it will appear on other sites, but as Cherry Red is the over arching label its on there first, probably Burning Shed next, then eventually sites on your side of the pond. I normally buy direct from Cherry Red, then the label (its a not a large one) gets more of the dosh and hopefully encourages more surround mixes to appear!
For folks outside the UK looking for a cheaper price, it may be worth while waiting to see if it does pop up on Burning Shed. They deduct the VAT from the UK price, but Cherry Red don't. At least they haven't done so in the past when I've ordered to Oz (e.g. John Martyn's recent box set price didn't change, but Burning Shed's dropped from £28.49 to £23.74, so about 17.5%).

For folks outside the UK looking for a cheaper price, it may be worth while waiting to see if it does pop up on Burning Shed. They deduct the VAT from the UK price, but Cherry Red don't. At least they haven't done so in the past when I've ordered to Oz (e.g. John Martyn's recent box set price didn't change, but Burning Shed's dropped from £28.49 to £23.74, so about 17.5%).

Unfortunately however BS's delivery rate to oz for box sets has jumped up phenomenally. They used to be my go-to UK store until this happened. :(

UK VAT adds 20%, but unfortunately the postal rates in the UK have gone up with all the carriers, I think BS uses Royal Mail

Unfortunately however BS's delivery rate to oz for box sets has jumped up phenomenally. They used to be my go-to UK store until this happened. :(
Well, they seem to be back to pre-pandemic levels now. A single CD to Oz is £3.76, and the recent 8-disc King Crimson box set shipped for £9.99. But yes, it does blow out once you get past a certain weight, so I tend to order large box sets from jpc.de.

I always find it frustrating when such interesting threads become all about pre-ordering, purchasing and delivering - I’m much more interested in the actual material and expectations.....

I do wish the whole issue of ordering and deliveries could be handled separately.

I’d rather be reading about the actual artistic and creative content and thoughts, as opposed to the formats, technical issues and availability etc.

But maybe that is just me!!

SWTx

I always find it frustrating when such interesting threads become all about pre-ordering, purchasing and delivering - I’m much more interested in the actual material and expectations.....

I do wish the whole issue of ordering and deliveries could be handled separately.

I’d rather be reading about the actual artistic and creative content and thoughts, as opposed to the formats, technical issues and availability etc.

SWTx
That’s why we try to keep the poll threads to discussion relating to the content, mix quality, sound quality, etc of the title in question.
But yeah until a title is actually released, a lot of discussion revolves around preorders, prices, etc cause people don’t have the release yet to comment on.
Only thing that can really be discussed right now is the musical content if people can stream it and check it out before ordering

That’s why we try to keep the poll threads to discussion relating to the content, mix quality, sound quality, etc of the title in question.
But yeah until a title is actually released, a lot of discussion revolves around preorders, prices, etc cause people don’t have the release yet to comment on.
Only thing that can really be discussed right now is the musical content if people can stream it and check it out before ordering
point taken!! SWTx

So it's going to be an Atomhenge disc , right ?
Thinking that as they have exclusivity to Hawkwind's 76 and up Catalogue IIRC.
As a massive Hawkwind fan, I'm counting the days until this comes out. In addition to the interesting live stuff, the 3 excellent studio albums are, I'm sure, going to sound superb in surround.

One moan, I really wish that Astounding Sounds, Amazing Music was going to be included in this box. That is one of my absolute favourite Hawkwind albums, and its inclusion would make it complete as far as Calvert Hawkwind is concerned.

Merry Christmas everyone 🍷

SWTx

Yes, it can make for dry reading and I can also feel frustrated with it at times, but also for some of us, myself included (I live in Oz, am from the UK and connect mostly with music from the country of my origin, your music and mixes included :) ), purchasing can be hard and advice can be quite valuable. 🚛 ✈️ 🚚

Well, they seem to be back to pre-pandemic levels now. A single CD to Oz is £3.76, and the recent 8-disc King Crimson box set shipped for £9.99. But yes, it does blow out once you get past a certain weight, so I tend to order large box sets from jpc.de.
I am discovering that quite a few releases do appear on Am AU after a while, often close to the actual release date. Sometimes I benefit from no delivery rate at all (now being a prime member for their shows), or a much lower rate from Amazon UK via an Amazon AU order.

I've been able to get the BB Deluxe and Ultravox sets this way, for example. I only went this way when BS got so expensive. I still buy lower weight stuff from BS, or direct from the artist if possible.

As a massive Hawkwind fan, I'm counting the days until this comes out. In addition to the interesting live stuff, the 3 excellent studio albums are, I'm sure, going to sound superb in surround.

One moan, I really wish that Astounding Sounds, Amazing Music was going to be included in this box. That is one of my absolute favourite Hawkwind albums, and its inclusion would make it complete as far as Calvert Hawkwind is concerned.

Merry Christmas everyone 🍷

Completely agree. I love Astounding Sounds, Amazing Music. Rather amazed and astounded it's not included. :(

Maybe the multitracks weren’t available…

Sadly that's probably the case . But someone in the know may just know the squivy.

Nevertheless I'm not too familiar with this package of three , but I'm certain I'll learn rather quickly to enjoy them when I obtain this new 5.1 package.

Hoping Stephen Tayler can shed some light (maybe)on those of us wanting Hawkwind's availability prior to 76 , if known . For me personally ... I'm most concerned with "Hall Of The Mountain Grill" ?

Sadly that's probably the case . But someone in the know may just know the squivy.

Nevertheless I'm not too familiar with this package of three , but I'm certain I'll learn rather quickly to enjoy them when I obtain this new 5.1 package.

Hoping Stephen Tayler can shed some light (maybe)on those of us wanting Hawkwind's availability prior to 76 , if known . For me personally ... I'm most concerned with "Hall Of The Mountain Grill" ?
Yep, I'm pretty sure no one would disagree to a similar box set to this of those earlier albums. That would be nothing short of incredible. I think Amazing Sounds was raised on this thread rather than Mountain Grill because of its logical inclusion in this particular boxset.

Me too, plus "In Search Of Space"! I'd also love all the earlier ones in surround as well. I saw Hawkwind in Jan '75 then next time was in 1995 I think! Seen them loads since then though.

Back