Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the little glitch, when I use the CUE it imports to JRiver in the same folder as if I was importing anything but a MKV video file, basically comes as a MKV 5.1.

When I omit the CUE file, then it imports as MKV Video File, this is what I want, for ATMOS listening.
The problem, is it is hit and miss with the proper selected tagging when it arrives in the JRiver video file section.
I have not said anything before as I just manually tag, takes an extra 5 minutes, but maybe you would like to know

It looks like CUE is not supported in JRiver for MKV files.

You should be able to use Sidecar xml files only. Sometimes mixing two systems confuses the media player. For example, using Kodi you can’t use a CUE and MKA files with chapters as Kodi first sees the chapters then ignores the CUE.

You may need to experiment with JRiver and CUE. Maybe it will work if you only use CUE and MKV without sidecar, or don’t tag the MKV etc.

It looks like CUE is not supported in JRiver for MKV files.

You should be able to use Sidecar xml files only. Sometimes mixing two systems confuses the media player. For example, using Kodi you can’t use a CUE and MKA files with chapters as Kodi first sees the chapters then ignores the CUE.

You may need to experiment with JRiver and CUE. Maybe it will work if you only use CUE and MKV without sidecar, or don’t tag the MKV etc.
Good idea, I will try those little changes and see what works.

Coiuld you please update "Extract Audio from MKV" to support the .thd format, which is what I'm often left with when I extract Atmos tracks from Blurays with DVD Audio Extractor. At the moment I need to use MKVToolNix to pack the files into .mka format before I can use your program.

Coiuld you please update "Extract Audio from MKV" to support the .thd format, which is what I'm often left with when I extract Atmos tracks from Blurays with DVD Audio Extractor. At the moment I need to use MKVToolNix to pack the files into .mka format before I can use your program.
MakeMKV is free. Why not simply use that?

Hi Guys, I have a question about converting a 5.1 album to quad. I want to pan the center channel to both left and right, and drop the center volume by 3dB. Is there a way to use the FFMPEG syntax to do this in MMH?

pan=quad|c0=0.71*c0+0.71*c2|c1=0.71*c1+0.71*c2|c2=c4|c3=c5

I see volume adjustments here, but not sure if I can use it in MMH. AudioVolume – FFmpeg

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 3.42.59 PM.png

I see volume adjustments here, but not sure if I can use it in MMH.

You would need to load all the files into the MMH Channel Volume tool and set C to -3db, use the checkbox ‘Copy first gain to all files’ (or similar description), then Apply the changes. It’s pretty fast as it works on multiple files concurrently.

Can you please clarify your request? What is your input? You want to input THD files created from DVDAE and output as? :unsure:

Back