MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Concert For George (SDE Atmos HFPA BD)

E4D41F17-6D7D-4AB5-85E4-3798FCF23CCF.jpeg

8A4E89DC-491D-430E-A1CA-CD6CC188207C.jpeg

If movie musicals fit this thread (or even if they don’t), I’m working my way through the four-disc Blu-ray release of ‘South Pacific.”

While I certainly appreciate the extras, this set is starting to feel like I’m taking a college-level course on the entire history of the play/film. Seems there were two versions released - a general theatrical release and a “roadshow” release with about 15 minutes more material. They’re both there, along with separate commentary tracks, a fair amount of video from the Mary Martin stage production, and even some commentary on the Broadway revival from the 2000s.

Great movie, though, with social commentary that is, sadly, still pertinent.

I bit the bullet and picked up a copy of the SDE Ten Years After - A Space in Time. :rolleyes:

It cost about £60 as it's limited to 1000 copies that have sold out, and I only really like about three of the tracks...?...(sorry Ten Years After super-fans 😬 )

...but I have to say, Here They Come was probably worth the price of entry.

Foreigner: Double Vision - Then And Now Live.Reloaded Blu-ray. Spotted in the HMV sale for £9.99. A terrific concert, well filmed and with good sound. Both iterations of Foreigner are in great form and it's good to see that Lou Gramm's voice is holding up. Highly recommended if you like the band.

Back