MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moody Menus;

IMG_8475.jpeg

we get some animation at the beginning, of the hand drawing

IMG_8477.jpeg

1st choice whether the new remix, original, or the live show

IMG_8478.jpeg

choose to play the entire new mix, select tracks & select audio

IMG_8479.jpeg

new mix audio options; 96/24 Stereo, DTS HD MA 5.1, PCM 5.1

IMG_8480.jpeg

static screen, animated campfire while music plays, defaults to Stereo

IMG_8481.jpeg

press Audio button on BDP remote to choose the DTS HD MA 5.1. hey presto we're in Surround 🤩

Blu-Ray Bonanza! Deliveries today from Sono Luminus and SDE. (And man...SDE Customer Service is good. Back in March, when we were underwater here in California, my Ten Years After shipment arrived with a waterlogged slipcover. Anne promised me that she would include a replacement cover with my next order; two months later, she was a woman of her word!)

Pictured:
  • Iceland Symphony Orchestra/Eva Ollikainen, Anna Thorvaldsdottir: Archora/Aion
  • Iceland Symphony Orchestra/Daniel Bjarnason, Atmospheriques vol. 1 (works by Thorvaldsdottir, Bjarnason, Mizzy Mazzoli, et al.)
  • Constellation Men's Ensemble, Man Up/Man Down (works by Jeffrey Derus, Robert Maggio, & David Lang)
  • Boulder Bach Festival
  • Zofo Plays Terry Riley ($5 closeout!)
  • Del Sol String Quartet, Scrapyard Exotica (works by Mason Bates, Ken Ueno, and Mohammed Fairouz) ($5 closeout!)
  • Bob Dylan, Time Out of Mind 2022 remix

Attachments

• IMG_20230522_134450878.jpg
    IMG_20230522_134450878.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Blu-Ray Bonanza! Deliveries today from Sono Luminus and SDE. (And man...SDE Customer Service is good. Back in March, when we were underwater here in California, my Ten Years After shipment arrived with a waterlogged slipcover. Anne promised me that she would include a replacement cover with my next order; two months later, she was a woman of her word!)

Pictured:
  • Iceland Symphony Orchestra/Eva Ollikainen, Anna Thorvaldsdottir: Archora/Aion
  • Iceland Symphony Orchestra/Daniel Bjarnason, Atmospheriques vol. 1 (works by Thorvaldsdottir, Bjarnason, Mizzy Mazzoli, et al.)
  • Constellation Men's Ensemble, Man Up/Man Down (works by Jeffrey Derus, Robert Maggio, & David Lang)
  • Boulder Bach Festival
  • Zofo Plays Terry Riley ($5 closeout!)
  • Del Sol String Quartet, Scrapyard Exotica (works by Mason Bates, Ken Ueno, and Mohammed Fairouz) ($5 closeout!)
  • Bob Dylan, Time Out of Mind 2022 remix
Many of those Sono's I don't have; please let us know which ones strike you in a good way. Also, didn't know you got that wet in March where you are, any other damage?

Many of those Sono's I don't have; please let us know which ones strike you in a good way. Also, didn't know you got that wet in March where you are, any other damage?
The first four Sono's are brand new releases; haven't popped them in the player yet, but I always like Thorvaldsdottir (and the other younger Icelandic composers, not to mention Missy Mazzoli!). Del Sol's complete Sculthorpe set is good, so I'm expecting to like this one, too. And Terry Riley!

We didn't have any horrible flooding up here, actually, but our mail goes through a sorting center down your way, and they sure got wet!

The Alan Parsons Project "The Turn Of A Friendly Card" (5.1 BD-A)

IMG_8731.jpeg

IMG_8732.jpeg

the Blu-ray disc is nicely put together and no trouble navigating, the videos are ropey PQ but hamstrung by the source of course and great to have as an extra anyway and the Surround mix is superb but Jesus H. Corbett can somebody tell whoever it is that keeps overegging the treble on these Cherry Red discs to ease off..!? a wonderful Surround listen rapidly descends into a painful endurance test without reaching for the tone controls which i'm sure is not what Alan Parsons intended.. 😫🤦‍♀️

IMG_8736.jpeg

IMG_8738.jpeg

Last edited:
Got my preorders for AP-TTOAFC and Tubular Balls in the mailbox
over the last few days. Still waiting for TFF-The Hurting to arrive, it was
mailed from accross the pond around a week ago. :(

Back