New DV Releases for January 2021! (Mott the Hoople, BTO, Burton Cummings, Grover Washington Jr!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can confirm steelydave's statement that it's just out of stock: in a panic I emailed Dutton yesterday to ask if the Mott SACD was coming back and they responded it should be available again in 2-3 weeks.

Very happy to have received a response, especially with good news!
I also talked to DV on another topic and they said they are working on next releases...but it's slow. Mainly due to involved corporations working at an extremely slow pace. I assume covid is still hampering things.

I also talked to DV on another topic and they said they are working on next releases...but it's slow. Mainly due to involved corporations working at an extremely slow pace. I assume covid is still hampering things.

thanks for the scoop info! 🤗 great to know there's more goodies in the works! i imagine getting the wonderful old tapes transferred during the pandemic must be a challenge.. but if anyone can DV can :QQlove

I can confirm steelydave's statement that it's just out of stock: in a panic I emailed Dutton yesterday to ask if the Mott SACD was coming back and they responded it should be available again in 2-3 weeks.

Very happy to have received a response, especially with good news!
That is good news, and gives me a timeline to keep in mind to be able to place my order. Indeed, thanks for the scoop!

That is good news, and gives me a timeline to keep in mind to be able to place my order. Indeed, thanks for the scoop!

Buy two! ;)

work.gif

I wish they'd list these for sale on Discogs... They have all the previously-released-and-still-available quad SACDs up, but not these.

I wish they'd list these for sale on Discogs... They have all the previously-released-and-still-available quad SACDs up, but not these.

afaik when they are v.busy they don't have the free time to do Discogs type stuff (a good sign, they must be busy right now!) but i think maybe if you drop them a line they could make it happen for you?

sorry i've forgotten btw, can you remind me why you need Discogs to make the purchase, is it a payment type related issue?

Remember that DV can't do anything unless they get the master tapes from Sony or whomever. If they can't get them, they can't work on them, which just brings the entire 'chain' to a crawl. You cannot blame them for things they cannot control.

Just order direct from DV. It's much better for them as they don't have to cough up sales fees to the 'Scogs and they'll retain more revenue, helping to insure their continued success, which may equal more releases produced by them (possibly at a faster pace, too.)

sorry i've forgotten btw, can you remind me why you need Discogs to make the purchase, is it a payment type related issue?
Much better to simply buy direct from DV, why go through Discogs??
Discogs is essentially direct. Sellers are charged an 8% fee for items sold, but I believe DV increases their prices accordingly. It's not like buying from a reseller. The benefit to me, as a customer in the U.S., is that tracking is included by default. As a bonus, payment is through PayPal, so I don't need to give my credit card info to yet another vendor. That's why I prefer to buy through Discogs.

A very good sign!

I've been sitting still on buying from this batch because I've been waiting for a follow-on batch to order from at the same time.
Last time I ordered, this batch dropped within a month. I've got to be the karmic log jam in their release schedule because it's
happened at least twice now! "Nothing new until 'that guy' on QQ commits and buys something from the last release."

Hearing about Mott is a wake-up call though - when it comes back into inventory I'll just have to place my order!

Mott is available again - I just grabbed it along with the Argent one

Discogs is essentially direct. Sellers are charged an 8% fee for items sold, but I believe DV increases their prices accordingly. It's not like buying from a reseller. The benefit to me, as a customer in the U.S., is that tracking is included by default. As a bonus, payment is through PayPal, so I don't need to give my credit card info to yet another vendor. That's why I prefer to buy through Discogs.
I order direct from DV frequently, and Paypal is an option for paying for the purchase. I've seen some of their discs on Amazon, and you're going to pay more for the disc, plus shipping, than you will direct from DV. I hope they have another batch of new releases soon; I'm getting itchy for some new titles!

Back