New John Lennon collection, remixed in 5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos out in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 5.1 version in the Imagine box set did the same thing. I wonder if they re-used all the 2018 Imagine ‘ultimate mixes’ in this new set?

Atmos mixing software originally, outputting 5.1 in 2018 and full Atmos output today in 2020?

Don't you have a sense of humor....and that is what every company on this planet use for later than normal delivery

I don't think that Covid-19 is funny at all.....what I think is funny was your complaint....because EVERY SITE at the TOP of their site generally states this. :)

Sorry if I offended you in any way.(y)
Ha dude I always forget sarcasm doesn’t come through in type. Yeah man I was just messing with ya

If your using a DEnon check the height speakers are they set for in ceiling and if so are the rears at the side or back.
Also they can be set as the Auro setting on wall at top once again you can do side or rear. I sometimes have problem with Auro 3D not playing in all height speakers.

try playing the song backwards :p

I guess no one got the Beatles reference:rolleyes:

http://www.ecollegetimes.com/5-famous-backwards-messages-on-records
“Backmasking” started with The Beatles’ 1966 album Revolver. John Lennon said one night while smoking pot, he mistakenly played the tapes for the song “Rain” in reverse and liked the sound. So the band began recording messages in Revolver that could only be deciphered when the record was played backwards. (One such message appears in “Rain”: “When the rain comes, they run and hide their heads.”)

The Beatles, “Revolution #9”
Backwards message: “Turn me on, dead man.”
“Revolution #9” is weird enough played forwards, but played backwards, there’s something that sounds suspiciously like John Lennon repeating the phrase “Turn me on, dead man.” This message was supposedly part of the whole “Paul is dead” storyline that started in the backtrack for “Strawberry Fields Forever” and carried through (at least for Beatles conspiracy theorists) with things like Paul McCartney not wearing shoes on the cover of Abbey Road seen as symbols of his secret death.

Finally got around to listening to the Atmos from the BDA. Much prefer it to the Tidal stream, much cleaner sound. That's the real selling point of this set, it's sonic prowess. This sounds fantastic to me. Almost like John is in the room with you... I think the Atmos gives it a bump over the 5.1 from Imagine on the relevant tracks. I only have 5.1.2 and I'm getting sound from the height speakers.

There is a lot of content here, so I will enjoy digging into it more. The packaging is great. I love the letter to the queen! 😀

Happy Birthday John! 🎈🎁 🍻 Hope you're having a good time in the sky!

Last edited:
What would you like back there? Its Lennon and a guitar.

🎣
You took the bait.
Quick, spit out the hook before you swallow it, or he'll have you in the boat for sure.🚣‍♂️;)

Initial impressions are this... surround is nice, fidelity is even better. The older tracks are more spacial and just ambient surround. For me, "#9 Dream" and later (mostly the Double Fantasy stuff) sound incredible and are very active surround mixes. "(Just Like) Starting Over" was a wonderful energetic opener, the surround mix being just right, "Watching the Wheels" (possibly my all time fave JL solo track) was enveloping and wonderful. "Dear Yoko" was the most active so far and really fantastic. More to come as I continue my listen.

I am extremely disappointed in the Atmos mix of Working Class Hero. It's not even big stereo! There's almost nothing in the surrounds!

These are very well done IMO. Not sure Working Class Hero is really a “go to”or has the wealth instruments in the song for surround or Atmos. To me Lennon feels like he right here in the room singing and strumming.

Surrounds used when appropriate and many songs very aggressively. #9 Dream 🔥

What would you like back there? Its Lennon and a guitar.
LMAO I was being a smart ass. Seeing if I could catch anyone with my trolling...

Well, they could have been more creative and added some content in the rears...like Yoko saying, "John, did you throw out the trash? Tomorrow is garbage day, you know."

My copy was scheduled to arrive next Tuesday........

BUT IT'S COMING TODAY! Whoopee. haha

The voting so far is pretty varied. Thank God, I have my own ears and can decide for myself how good it is. I'm pretty sure I won't think it's a "3"
I'll also comment whether all 4 Atmos speakers have something coming from them.

Back