New John Lennon collection, remixed in 5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos out in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What make/model avr or prepro are you using?

I have a Denon 6200 connected to an Oppo 203.

GZAP1 over at avsforum.com who is getting Atmos content on his elevated front/rears has a Denon 4400H/Oppo 203.
Mine is a Marantz SR8012 and playback is via a Sony UBP-X800M2 Multi-region player.
Never had a Dolby issue before on all the other numerous Dolby Atmos releases I have.

Using my Oppo 203 remote, I use (mostly) the right and down arrow buttons to move the arrow cursor to the Atmos option. Then I press the round center button to select it. The R, G, B, Y buttons don't do anything.

It is slightly annoying that after the Universal HD intro screen, it immediately starts playing the stereo mix without user input. I'd prefer to select the sound mix first before the disc starts playing.
It’s ‘Stereo Transcendent Assumptive Bias’ or (STAB) - 😒

Might want to try these files from Garry’s thread, and see if anything shakes out:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/atmos-channel-test-files.26701/
When I click on the above link, I get "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." This message is coming from the forum.

Pay to play?

I have the Dolby Atmos Demo disc and it verifies my system is working as expected. I also have a fair amount of Atmos content and have had no issues playing Atmos content.

However, I'm willing to try other test files if I can access them.

Have you tried to play it from Tidal?
I don't have a Tidal sub.

I don't believe playing it from Tidal is an apples-to-apples comparison. I presume the Tidal stream is DD+ and was created from a different master.

The BD Atmos issue (presuming there is an issue) maybe specific to the BD master or some idiosyncrasy with the D&M Atmos decoder.

Damn you MM
Don't you have a sense of humor....and that is what every company on this planet use for later than normal delivery

I don't think that Covid-19 is funny at all.....what I think is funny was your complaint....because EVERY SITE at the TOP of their site generally states this. :)

Sorry if I offended you in any way.(y)

Last edited:
Back