New Stones album announced, coming in September - Hackney Diamonds (CD + Atmos Blu-Ray Box Set)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought as much...they've not got a good track record in releasing their music in Dolby Atmos. :(

!!

I don't know about that...I think they did a surprisingly good mix on Goats Head.
At least to my ears.
And although there was no 5.1 separate mix the Atmos down mixes to 5.0 for me with no problems.

I just wish they would continue in surround with their older Catalogue....ummm say Sticky Fingers , anyone ?

or start with "Beggars Banquet" and work their way up.

For those in the UK, I've seen the cd/blu ray version on pre sale at Rarewaves for "only" £42.02, and there is a 10% discount code RWSEPT10 for purchases made by the end of the weekend.

https://www.rarewaves.com/collections/all/products/0602458122541-hackney-diamonds
Incidentally Rarewaves also has the forthcoming Zappa Over Nite Sensation set on pre sale for £68.79 (again less the 10%), which is pretty good.

For those in the UK, I've seen the cd/blu ray version on pre sale at Rarewaves for "only" £42.02, and there is a 10% discount code RWSEPT10 for purchases made by the end of the weekend.

https://www.rarewaves.com/collections/all/products/0602458122541-hackney-diamonds
Incidentally Rarewaves also has the forthcoming Zappa Over Nite Sensation set on pre sale for £68.79 (again less the 10%), which is pretty good.
Cheers me dears :cool: Great find.
£37.81 for Hackney Diamond, after discount.....ordered.

Cheers me dears :cool: Great find.
£37.81 for Hackney Diamond, after discount.....ordered.
Me too (well its in my basket, waiting for my decision as to whether or not to add Over Nite Sensation too!!). I also see that Rarewaves has the Prince Diamonds and Pearls bluray for £17.94, which is also the cheapest I've seen that for so far. Mmm, decisions decisions....

Me too (well its in my basket, waiting for my decision as to whether or not to add Over Nite Sensation too!!). I also see that Rarewaves has the Prince Diamonds and Pearls bluray for £17.94, which is also the cheapest I've seen that for so far. Mmm, decisions decisions....
I paid £63 via the Zappa store including postage and VAT

Prince I bought off Amazon

I would certainly be buying those two as well, if I hadn't already.

I paid £63 via the Zappa store including postage and VAT

Prince I bought off Amazon

I would certainly be buying those two as well, if I hadn't already.
Well I've pre ordered The Stones, the Zappa and the Prince, and I've thrown in Dark Side (atmos bluray) and Richard Wright's Wet Dream for good measure, all with 10% off! It's not like September is going to be expensive for surround anyway is it!!

Well I've pre ordered The Stones, the Zappa and the Prince, and I've thrown in Dark Side (atmos bluray) and Richard Wright's Wet Dream for good measure, all with 10% off! It's not like September is going to be expensive for surround anyway is it!!
That's what we like, a nice little discount to ease us gently into the autumn of our passion.
My wallet has already shown me a yellow card 🙃
My problem is I've had to move my stereo CD's out of the man cave to make room for this wonderful avalanche of surround releases we are getting this year!!
It really is a fantastic time to be into our little pastime.
Although I need a Gos spreadsheet to remind me of what, where and whom 🤪

I don't know about that...I think they did a surprisingly good mix on Goats Head.
At least to my ears.
And although there was no 5.1 separate mix the Atmos down mixes to 5.0 for me with no problems.

I just wish they would continue in surround with their older Catalogue....ummm say Sticky Fingers , anyone ?

or start with "Beggars Banquet" and work their way up.
I guarantee people would complain atmos mixes of those albums - they can never live up to what people assume/wish they could be.

At least to my ears.
The multichannel content of the GHS Atmos is plenty active and interesting, to me.
It's the gutlessness that caused me to return the set to Amazon as defective. It's as though the bass is out of phase. A/B with the stereo, which has LOADS of rocking punch. It disappears with the Atmos mix.

Off/On topic, in case you are interested with Stones lenticular cover of Satanic.
I own it and is quite spectacular in sound and vision.
Stereo/Mono Hybrid SACD.
Packed in a special 7-inch-sized folded cover. Artwork featuring 3D lenticular printing.
OBI faithfully replicates the one coming with the Japan 1st pressing LP.
Cd's mounted on a cardboard 'replica' of a 7" cone in a 7"x7 " replicas of original LP inner sleeves.
Includes two bonus artworks on 7" x 7" sheets, each replicates Japan 1st pressing 7" single 'She's A Rainbow' & 'The Lantern'
20-page color booklet.
16-page booklet with lyrics and a description written in Japanese.

CDJapan Purchase
R-10971462-1636566264-1831.jpg

Off/On topic, in case you are interested with Stones lenticular cover of Satanic.
I own it and is quite spectacular in sound and vision.
Stereo/Mono Hybrid SACD.
Packed in a special 7-inch-sized folded cover. Artwork featuring 3D lenticular printing.
OBI faithfully replicates the one coming with the Japan 1st pressing LP.
Cd's mounted on a cardboard 'replica' of a 7" cone in a 7"x7 " replicas of original LP inner sleeves.
Includes two bonus artworks on 7" x 7" sheets, each replicates Japan 1st pressing 7" single 'She's A Rainbow' & 'The Lantern'
20-page color booklet.
16-page booklet with lyrics and a description written in Japanese.

CDJapan Purchase
View attachment 96054

Beautiful cover , but I would love it more if they mixed it in 5.0.

Which of course they failed to do back in 2003 with all of the DSD remastered.

For me it's long overdue for a surround mix , also any of the other SACD reissued would be pleasant.
Hoping Giles Martin has one on his to do in Atmos list.

Does anyone know if there's a place cheaper for the CD plus Blu-ray then the stone store? If it weren't for the tax and shipping at cheapest making it up to meet 70 for me which just feels silly for a CD in Blu-ray not counting the mini booklet which doesn't do much for me I would order there but I see other countries have their own Amazon which sometimes is a lot cheaper although not for me because of the import shipping. Is the US store really the only place to get it for a US resident cheapest or is there somewhere else I'm just not seeing Thank you for any help

Does anyone know if there's a place cheaper for the CD plus Blu-ray then the stone store? If it weren't for the tax and shipping at cheapest making it up to meet 70 for me which just feels silly for a CD in Blu-ray not counting the mini booklet which doesn't do much for me I would order there but I see other countries have their own Amazon which sometimes is a lot cheaper although not for me because of the import shipping. Is the US store really the only place to get it for a US resident cheapest or is there somewhere else I'm just not seeing Thank you for any help
The Stones store is the cheapest I've found so far and with WELCOME10 I got 10% off.

Back