Next Steven Wilson 70s Mix - Let The Speculation Begin....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh i would wish too but it is most unlikely. Ozzy seems not much care about his legacy and anyway, (sadly) Sharon's word
in management has weight more than his.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility, given that the first 3 Sabbath albums were released as deluxe editions a couple of years ago, with Paranoid including the quad mix (I know, it was a bad CD-4 transfer, but still) on a DVD. Also, Sabbath have been playing some obscure songs off Vol. 4 in concert this year, including Tomorrow's Dream and Under The Sun, so they are obviously aware that people still love this album. Also, Vol. 4 would be chronologically next for a deluxe edition, so I live in hope.

Captain Beyond would be a great 5.1, very underated album. I play it a lot.

How about some Robin Trower in 5.1 ?

Steeleye Span - Below The Salt (1972)

A few more additions......1972 recordings

Houses Of The Holy- led zeppelin 1972 recorded issued in 1973
The Slider - T Rex
Argus - Wishbone Ash
Manasas - Steve Stills
Greetings from LA - Tim Buckley
Clear Spot - Captain Beefheart (hope its this one)

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility, given that the first 3 Sabbath albums were released as deluxe editions a couple of years ago, with Paranoid including the quad mix (I know, it was a bad CD-4 transfer, but still) on a DVD. Also, Sabbath have been playing some obscure songs off Vol. 4 in concert this year, including Tomorrow's Dream and Under The Sun, so they are obviously aware that people still love this album. Also, Vol. 4 would be chronologically next for a deluxe edition, so I live in hope.

Vol4 is scheduled for a Universal Japan Release:
http://www.sa-cd.net/showtitle/8047

Listed as stereo only...

Ok, so I said since it wasn't prog that I wasn't going to speculate as the field was too big, but then I realized what the biggest possibility would be...

Nick Drake's Pink Moon!

Steven's a HUGE Nick Drake fan, so this one seems the most obvious to me, but besides that I'd love Transformer.

Roxy Music would be good too, but I do consider that to be prog-"ish".

Hmmmm...
the only 2 LPs on his list from 72 are no-gos since the Multis are not available-or he has done it already, and besides, they're prog...
UNLESS.....
Steven being the Scorpio he is, is not telling the truth just for kicks(water signs...whew!)...

From around that time the one I would not be interested at all is the Marvin Gaye one..never been a fan of either him or that style of music...

But I'd be tickled fuschia if it were LZ IV (was needledropping my SHITTY LP copy the other day...heck, ClickRepair was going "yipe, yipe yipe!!!!")

As for it being "Caravanserai", it'd be a bit overkill since I consider that Quad mix, one of the best in spite of being probably the 1st Santana Quad mix....

If he is telling the truth, the surprise MCH mix is not on that list.
And 72 was a rough year...
keep 'em comin'!!!!

If it was Mott, I have one hell of a superb high resolution stereo version of this!
That would be really neat, but I don't see it - too far under the radar outside the UK.

If it was Mott, I have one hell of a superb high resolution stereo version of this!
That would be really neat, but I don't see it - too far under the radar outside the UK.

hey Neil, you shouldn't be guessing here, but find out directly from SW and tell us. strictly confidentially, of course.
after all "my guy" in his reference applied to no one else but you :)

Whatever it is, I hope Neil is behind the authoring of this one from the start. :)

But I still say it's "Pink Moon" by Nick Drake.

Whatever it is, I hope Neil is behind the authoring of this one from the start. :)

But I still say it's "Pink Moon" by Nick Drake.

well, I respect your opinion...
AND
I LOVE Nick Drake.(got all his stuff on CD..LPs are ridiculously priced)

BUT...
"Pink Moon" would not benefit basically AT ALL from a MCH remix (stereo would be another beast and VERY welcome)...but ...a voice and a guitar?
Voice in front, guitar in rears??? Vice versa???

Yes, Steven is awesome, but it's all on the source material...
can't make butter with a toothpick!

Hmm, I don't have sales figures but I'd guess that in the USA Mott sold a helluva lot more than say Caravan and we got that one.

Not 72 of course, but a set of Bowie's Berlin trilogy (Low Heroes Lodger) in one 5.1 package would be just fine by me.

Captain Beyond would be a great 5.1, very underated album. I play it a lot.

How about some Robin Trower in 5.1 ?

Steeleye Span - Below The Salt (1972)

A few more additions......1972 recordings

Houses Of The Holy- led zeppelin 1972 recorded issued in 1973
The Slider - T Rex
Argus - Wishbone Ash
Manasas - Steve Stills
Greetings from LA - Tim Buckley
Clear Spot - Captain Beefheart (hope its this one)

Robin Trower in 5.1..?!? OH YES, PLEASE..!!! :D

The Sab's Deluxe Eds (and the ELP lot at the same time too) are a bit of an anomaly, I don't think either of the artists were driving them to happen at the time. They were all part of a deal Sanctuary had, they were rushing out stuff they had the rights to in the UK as quickly as possible before they lost the rights/went bust.

Hmm, I don't have sales figures but I'd guess that in the USA Mott sold a helluva lot more than say Caravan and we got that one.

Not 72 of course, but a set of Bowie's Berlin trilogy (Low Heroes Lodger) in one 5.1 package would be just fine by me.

might be Mott but i bet Neil knows.. and if he thinks its not mott, it's most likely nott (unfortunately)

well, I respect your opinion...
AND
I LOVE Nick Drake.(got all his stuff on CD..LPs are ridiculously priced)

BUT...
"Pink Moon" would not benefit basically AT ALL from a MCH remix (stereo would be another beast and VERY welcome)...but ...a voice and a guitar?
Voice in front, guitar in rears??? Vice versa???

Yes, Steven is awesome, but it's all on the source material...
can't make butter with a toothpick!

i thought a lot of Nick Drake multi's were MIA, hence the mostly rubbish Nick Drake "Travesty", i mean "Treasury", M/C SACD that came out..!?

well, Kscope and Roadrunner are new labels and i doubt they have anything in catalog as far back as 1972.
also sphere of their interests mainly toward new bands and genres of music.
EMI doesn't exist anymore as we used to know it. UM already have 2 Rush's which perhaps doesn't sells as they expected,
following the succes "MP" DVD-A/BD-A and in pipe have already upcoming JT "TAAB".
Warner Music after all of those jumping from one hands to another, seems can't get their acts together.
SW said both of ELP he did last summer. looks like Sony were satisfied with result of the project (keep in mind Sony hired an
authoring house by his recomendation and on top of this did unthinkable - agreed on print with DVD-Audio format. this gives
a lot of food for thoughts) so pretty logical of Sony to ask Steven for an extra work for some sort of upcoming anniversary.
if this for individual artist, then it can be some kind very significant album from 1972 or first album of the artist/band.
but well, it's just mine speculations. everything can be more simplier :)

oh i would wish too but it is most unlikely. Ozzy seems not much care about his legacy and anyway, (sadly) Sharon's word
in management has weight more than his.

p.s. several days ago i seen a tweet from Peter Frampton where he mentioned DVD-Audio and he likes very much.
but nothing specific which can lead to conclusion that he plans release something.

EMI are putting out more product than a label that doesn't exist anymore should, whether it's as we knew it or not.. I do agree though it could well be another Sony project (although one would imagine they would rather wait and see how these ELP 5.1's do before commissioning SW do anymore, no..!?

the Peter Frampton info is interesting, so long as its not another re-issue of Frampton Comes Alive..!! being '72, i guess it can't be.. what was he doing in '72? (he's not an artist i know much about at all).

From a UK point of view, 1972 see also two BIG (and i mean BIG) UK album from Slade: Slade Alive and Slayed. Billed frequently as a glam-rock hitmachine, they were a lot more than that - Slade Alive is a killer live album and if you don't know it... get it.

One more time: Buzzard Luck (can't Kill Nothin', Nothin' Will Die) by Ballin'Jack is from '72. Young MC sampled these guys on Bust a Move. Luther Rabb (RIP) and Ronnie Hammon were later in War.

buzzardluck.jpg

As one girl asked when she met them, "are you Paul or Jack?"

From a UK point of view, 1972 see also two BIG (and i mean BIG) UK album from Slade: Slade Alive and Slayed. Billed frequently as a glam-rock hitmachine, they were a lot more than that - Slade Alive is a killer live album and if you don't know it... get it.

I will if SW re-mixes it....:)

Back