Nine Inch Nails - The Social Network (Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alansanchez86

701 Club - QQ All-Star
THIS WEEK MARKS 10 YEARS SINCE THE RELEASE OF THE ACADEMY AWARD-WINNING SCORE FOR THE SOCIAL NETWORK. IN CELEBRATION OF THE ANNIVERSARY, TRENT AND ATTICUS HAVE CREATED A NEWLY REMIXED VERSION OF THE SOUNDTRACK IN DOLBY ATMOS 3D AUDIO, PROVIDING AN IMMERSIVE LISTENING EXPERIENCE. THE NEW ATMOS MIX IS CURRENTLY ABLE TO STREAM RIGHT NOW ON AMAZON MUSIC HD. CLICK HERE.

LOOK FOR THIS TO BECOME MORE WIDELY AVAILABLE ON OTHER SUPPORTING SERVICES.

FROM TRENT:
WHEN WE FINISHED THE SCORE, WE WERE IN A PHASE WHERE WE INTRIGUED BY THE POSSIBILITIES OF MIXING IN SURROUND. AT THE TIME, 5.1 WAS THE FORMAT OF CHOICE. OUR INTENTION WAS TO SPEND THREE DAYS AFTER FINISHING THE STEREO MIX AND ADAPT IT TO 5.1… THIRTY DAYS LATER WE FINISHED! WE FOUND THE MATERIAL WAS VERY SUITED TO THE SPACE AND WE WENT A LITTLE CRAZY.

JUMP TO THE PRESENT WHERE ATMOS HAS BECOME A VIABLE FORMAT AND WE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE COOL TO “ADAPT” THE APPROACH OF THE ORIGINAL 5.1 MIX INTO THE EXPANSIVE CANVAS ATMOS PROVIDES. OUR RESULTS ARE LIVE ON AMAZON MUSIC RIGHT NOW – CHECK IT OUT.

WE WERE GOING TO OFFER THE OPTION TO PURCHASE A DOWNLOAD, BUT WE COULDN’T GET IT TOGETHER TO PROVIDE THE MOST VIABLE FORMAT (STAY TUNED). WE ARE CONSIDERING MAKING SOME ULTRA HD BLU-RAY DISCS FOR YOUR HIGHEST-QUALITY ATMOS LISTENING PLEASURE.

UP NEXT, THE FRAGILE?

https://www.nin.com/the-social-netw...hU01WE58R1NAV63qXzhHIJD-0KP236gDXgpsb_nIJncUY

Attachments

• TSN_digital_cover_5x5_600dpi_SEP30x_FIN1_atmos_web.jpg
    TSN_digital_cover_5x5_600dpi_SEP30x_FIN1_atmos_web.jpg
    809.3 KB · Views: 93
Now how the hell do I play this? other than opening an account with Amazon Music HD.
Do I download an APP on the android TV? and play it from there? kind of like with Tidal HiFi. And also, within Amazon Music HD, how do I know if I'm playing the Dolby Atmos version? Do I need the Fire stick for this?

Now how the hell do I play this? other than opening an account with Amazon Music HD.
Do I download an APP on the android TV? and play it from there? kind of like with Tidal HiFi. And also, within Amazon Music HD, how do I know if I'm playing the Dolby Atmos version? Do I need the Fire stick for this?
Bad news my friend ... Amazon HD Music Atmos only plays back on an Amazon Echo Studio device. We can’t get it out to our nice systems yet. We may have to wait for the blu-ray mentioned above...

Total Bummer !!!

Bad news my friend ... Amazon Atmos only plays back on an Amazon Echo Studio device. We can’t get it out to our nice systems yet. We may have to wait for the blu-ray mentioned above...

Total Bummer !!!

Thats total BS! why remix albums in the best quality while you're gonna play them in a shitty echo studio speaker?
Well, at least Trent is thinking on releasing this in Blu ray or any other more approachable format. I think Apple TV`+ release would have been way easier, like Pearl Jam did with their latest album.

Just wait for the ULTRA HD [4K] version to be released and then BUY IT!

I have the BD~A 5.1 and if you can find it and don't have ATMOS ..... BUY IT!

Last edited:
The BD of this soundtrack is one of my favourite demo recordings: a perfect balance of audio performance and enjoyable music.

As for a format for release, how about skipping the physical media and just releasing the audio in a format supported by just about everything like Dolby's Atmos demo examples?
But then I similarly wonder why all surround mixes aren't released as FLAC since multichannel support was added a decade and-a-half ago.

The BD of this soundtrack is one of my favourite demo recordings: a perfect balance of audio performance and enjoyable music.

As for a format for release, how about skipping the physical media and just releasing the audio in a format supported by just about everything like Dolby's Atmos demo examples?
But then I similarly wonder why all surround mixes aren't released as FLAC since multichannel support was added a decade and-a-half ago.
I don’t think FLAC can do atmos? I believe it’s limited to 8 channels.

I’d love to see an audio format able to do Atmos, I’d love an easy way to playback my Atmos audio discs though JRiver and not have to put the disc in.

Back