OLED TV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, the battle begins, down to two, both are same price. The consensus I get here is the LG 77 OLED 4K C9
LG 77OLED 4K C9
Or
my rep at Magnolia says he prefers the Sony 77 OLED A9G, he said definitely one of these two as these wo are the best in his opinion.
Sony A9G

Did you miss my listing on the previous page from Abe's of Maine ...... The LG C9 is $3,500 and BEST BUY has a PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE. Print out Abe's quote and bring it in to Best Buy and see if they will match the price, Markie ... We're talking a $1K savings, here!

https://www.abesofmaine.com/LG_OLED...w_AI_ThinQ_2019_Model_1039108.html?l=Conexity
BTW, Markie, why choose a SONY when if you read this article, SONY's OLED Panels are manufactured by LG:

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Sony-relaunching-OLED-TVs-using-LG-made-panels

Last edited:
Did you miss my listing on the previous page from Abe's of Maine ...... The LG C9 is $3,500 and BEST BUY has a PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE. Print out Abe's quote and bring it in to Best Buy and see if they will match the price, Markie ... We're talking a $1K savings, here!

https://www.abesofmaine.com/LG_OLED...w_AI_ThinQ_2019_Model_1039108.html?l=Conexity
BTW, Markie, why choose a SONY when if you read this article, SONY's OLED Panels are manufactured by LG:

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Sony-relaunching-OLED-TVs-using-LG-made-panels
Great idea on price match

OK, the battle begins, down to two, both are same price. The consensus I get here is the LG 77 OLED 4K C9
LG 77OLED 4K C9
Or
my rep at Magnolia says he prefers the Sony 77 OLED A9G, he said definitely one of these two as these wo are the best in his opinion.
Sony A9G

The Sony uses an LG panel...but it has better video processing..and it does a better job on my pet peeve...motion handling...if the prices were equal or close...I'd take the Sony...usually Sony is more expensive...LG is a fine TV...you can't go wrong on either choice..

LG 77OLED 4K C9
Or
Sony A9G

The Sony won the shootout in 2019 and you are getting a great price on it now(compared to 2019)

Maybe you guys can push me in the right direction.
I have a 65” Samsung not OLED, that is 3D capable, never used the 3D. I bought in 2015 I think right before the OLED’s came out.
This is the direction I am heading:
OLED 4K HDR 75”-77”
Brand? Seems like LG is popular?
Price? Probably $4500.00 but that seems so expensive.
My #1 question for now as I want to set up the in wall electrical and conduit and close the wall.
Standing looking at TV, is it universal for power HDMI , etc to be on the right half of TV or does that depend on brands, right or left?
Aside from the size, are you happy with the Samsung set? Is your room big enough for the larger sized TV? The OLED sets are nice, but I agree that they're still too expensive. LG is a great brand, too, up there with Samsung. Is your current set 4K? I admit that would be a good reason to upgrade. You might want to ask if the set you're considering has the built-in ATSC-3 tuner in it, in case your cable company doesn't support 4K yet. ATSC-3 will support 4K, as well as better OTA reception if you need to use an antenna.

Aside from the size, are you happy with the Samsung set? Is your room big enough for the larger sized TV? The OLED sets are nice, but I agree that they're still too expensive. LG is a great brand, too, up there with Samsung. Is your current set 4K? I admit that would be a good reason to upgrade. You might want to ask if the set you're considering has the built-in ATSC-3 tuner in it, in case your cable company doesn't support 4K yet. ATSC-3 will support 4K, as well as better OTA reception if you need to use an antenna.

I do agree that if you have to sit at least 10 feet away from a 77" TV, the size of the room IS a consideration but having lived with my LG OLED 3D for over four years, I find it's the best TV I've owned and I've had LED and Plasma TVs and tubed projectors as well as LED Projectors. Perhaps a 65" TV in a 10 X 14' room woud be more than adequate considering Mark will have speakers front and rear and plans to install overhead Atmos speakers as well.

I do agree that if you have to sit at least 10 feet away from a 77" TV, the size of the room IS a consideration but having lived with my LG OLED 3D for over four years, I find it's the best TV I've owned and I've had LED and Plasma TVs and tubed projectors as well as LED Projectors. Perhaps a 65" TV in a 10 X 14' room woud be more than adequate considering Mark will have speakers front and rear and plans to install overhead Atmos speakers as well.

Let me mention that those "distance" requirements for viewing are absolute garbage...meaningless...I would never refrain from getting a larger tv because of room size...I remember in video discussions when the "viewing distance" was first introduced...it provided for some laughs...but that was about all...

Let me mention that those "distance" requirements for viewing are absolute garbage...meaningless...I would never refrain from getting a larger tv because of room size...I remember in video discussions when the "viewing distance" was first introduced...it provided for some laughs...but that was about all...

Did you ever sit in the first few rows of a movie theater and be overwhelmed by the shear size of the screen and suffer fatigue. I have. It's really not bullshit, Clinty. Sometimes size DOES matter!

Did you ever sit in the first few rows of a movie theater and be overwhelmed by the shear size of the screen and suffer fatigue. I have. It's really not bullshit, Clinty. Sometimes size DOES matter!

Ralphie...we aren't talking about JUMBO screens in movie theaters...we are talking about a 77INCH display... some IMAX screens are 98 feet tall...so yeah you could break your neck looking up...and they aren't like the projector that you are going to get either...even a 100 inch projector screen only needs a 10 feet distance

Last edited:
Price? Probably $4500.00 but that seems so expensive.

Get over it.

For the absolute state-of-the-art big-screen that beats a movie theater? How about those sh!tty first RCA color TV’s in 1953? $14,552 in today’s money. Nobody complained.

You can do better than $4500 by shopping around on the internet. Or use discounted gift cards at Best Buy after signing up for their frequent buyer card and get points worth 5%.

I think your all on track.
I think what is most important at home is that your neck and eyes are relaxed finding a center area.
In the chart I looked at for my 9’ back it says 85”.
I can tell for me that will just be too big, thus the 77”.
Like Ralph says I don’t want to be moving my head and eyes to follow the content on an 85” screen I want to be relaxed.
I am currently 12’ away from a 65” screen that I look up at as it is over mantel, certainly not ideal, but I seem to watch it every day😩

Get over it.

For the absolute state-of-the-art big-screen that beats a movie theater? How about those sh!tty first RCA color TV’s in 1953? $14,552 in today’s money. Nobody complained.

You can do better than $4500 by shopping around on the internet. Or use discounted gift cards at Best Buy after signing up for their frequent buyer card and get points worth 5%.
Yes, when I bought the speakers I signed up for the Best Buy discount card so the TV will have a little discount

I think your all on track.
I think what is most important at home is that your neck and eyes are relaxed finding a center area.
In the chart I looked at for my 9’ back it says 85”.
I can tell for me that will just be too big, thus the 77”.
Like Ralph says I don’t want to be moving my head and eyes to follow the content on an 85” screen I want to be relaxed.
I am currently 12’ away from a 65” screen that I look up at as it is over mantel, certainly not ideal, but I seem to watch it every day😩

When I first got a 65inch Plasma I thought.."man this is big"...one month later I wanted a bigger screen... the height of your viewing is more important than the distance from the display...I could never have a TV over a fireplace..

Back