Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon - 50th Anniversary Atmos mix in 2023! (Standalone BD coming in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit surprised to see in the facebook post from Pink Floyd I saw about this, that the animation contest isnā€™t done yetā€¦ seems to me waiting til the various winners are announcedā€¦ stitching those together as an optional visualizer for the standalone disc would have been a great way to get people to double dip

Bit surprised to see in the facebook post from Pink Floyd I saw about this, that the animation contest isnā€™t done yetā€¦ seems to me waiting til the various winners are announcedā€¦ stitching those together as an optional visualizer for the standalone disc would have been a great way to get people to double dip
I would be absolutely seething if iā€™d spent a fortune on the boxset only for the atmos mix, iā€™m so happy I waited

Same here. But I bet there are some people who spent $300 on the big box for the sole purpose of acquiring the blu-ray who are not going to be too happy.... šŸ˜¢
For sure. But you pay your money you take your chances. Makes me hopeful that ā€œWhoā€™s Nextā€ will follow the same path.

The 5.1 mix is the old mix from the SACD? Iā€™d need an Atmos setup to fully enjoy the new mix?
If you select that Atmos mix without an Atmos system it should fold down to 5.1. You won't be able to hear it in Atmos but the mix should be different than the original 5.1 mix.
Regardless for $25 it's worth having just in case you ever do have an Atmos setup.

If you select that Atmos mix without an Atmos system it should fold down to 5.1. You won't be able to hear it in Atmos but the mix should be different than the original 5.1 mix.
Regardless for $25 it's worth having just in case you ever do have an Atmos setup.
It actually folds down to 7.1 if you're set up for it!

My new Atmos 9.1 receiver shows up on Saturday. I'm a bit nervous about installing my new ceiling speakers but giving it a shot nonetheless.

Back