Pink Floyd - Division Bell announcement 5.1 ? Possible release ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That reminded me to check on mine and I found that it was delivered today and sitting in my mailbox.

That reminded me to check on mine and I found that it was delivered today and sitting in my mailbox.

I just walked over to my mailbox and found mine sitting in there too - will hopefully have time to give it a go this weekend.

Back on topic... I found it funny to see the commotion among us about a 3-dollar price drop for the DVD. I really think it's a steal either at 15 or 12 bucks. Obviously, this item is drifting in and out of availability anyway. I don't think there's anybody at the PF store making any informed decisions about this DVD.

And all the while, we're here freaking out about it. ;-)

Bonjour mon ami, como ca va? :)

Nobody seems to understand all the price "adjustments" like Amazon has but.... yes, nobody should have their panties in a bunch over three dollars difference.
I thought it was odd that the product was only available at first for $30 US from the UK store, then later it was sold on the PF US store for half the price. That is a big difference.

I assume these comments are in response to my "unsatisfied customer" rant. For what it's worth, I wasn't really upset about the measly three bucks. I'm ecstatic about the plethora of surround releases becoming available this year, and I've been pretty free with my spending on them. My experience with the PF Store website just left me with the impression they didn't have their stuff together. I'd rather not do business with such websites.

For those of you who have received your DB DVDs or got in on the great deal, good for you. Hell, I'll probably get down off my high horse at some point and buy the thing. Until then, I'll just listen to all the other releases I've bought recently from what I consider to be more reliable suppliers.

I assume these comments are in response to my "unsatisfied customer" rant. For what it's worth, I wasn't really upset about the measly three bucks. I'm ecstatic about the plethora of surround releases becoming available this year, and I've been pretty free with my spending on them. My experience with the PF Store website just left me with the impression they didn't have their stuff together. I'd rather not do business with such websites.

For those of you who have received your DB DVDs or got in on the great deal, good for you. Hell, I'll probably get down off my high horse at some point and buy the thing. Until then, I'll just listen to all the other releases I've bought recently from what I consider to be more reliable suppliers.

Not sure, actually, to whom exactly I was responding ;-) I agree with your assessment either way... It really seems like they don't have their stuff together. I was very happy when the I received the DVD after all!

I can understand your frustration but you are misdirecting your anger at the wrong party. The PF Store isn't the culprit here; they are the messengers of the corporate misfits who couldn't tie their shoes and chew gum at the same time. They demonstrated how inept they were when they lowered the price of a product that was in high demand and short supply. Who does that? Not the bottom tier employees of the PF Store, they are the "victims". They have to respond to all these corporate brain cramps. I got an email from one of these corporate mensa candidates telling me that these shipping orders were false and then 20 minutes later he tells me they were indeed shipping.

No more DVDs :

We regret to inform you that we will not be able to ship The Division Bell 5.1 Mix DVD. This has been discontinued and we will not be getting any additional stock.

(email from the Pink Floyd store canceling my 07/23 order)

Oh dear, I to got the email I was dreading today.

We regret to inform you that we will not be able to ship the Division Bell 5.1 Mix DVD.This has been discontinued and we will not be getting any additional stock

Well I m one of the lucky ones. I just got back from vacation, picked up my mail from the post office and found my Division bell 5.1 dvd. Listened to it last night with jet lag, and enjoyed it very much. I agree with the above, I never think to buy extra copies.... This is a great mix and I am glad to have it.
Im going to be listening to my copy of Power and the Glory in 5.1 that I didn't have time for before I left among others if my 6 year old will let me have the time.... :)

Typical record company attitude. "This is real popular, so let's quit selling it and then complain that no one is interested in surround sound".

I was lucky and got a copy. A great release and seemed like a great thing for the record company to be able to put out a popular disc using a low budget (minimal packaging and web order only) and then they don't don't bother making enough to feed the demand. Now the ebay sales start for obscene prices and the company makes nothing and the artist gets nothing. I don't get it. How hard can it be to make another run of discs. And think how many they might have sold it they actually promoted it?

K

Typical record company attitude. "This is real popular, so let's quit selling it and then complain that no one is interested in surround sound".

I was lucky and got a copy. A great release and seemed like a great thing for the record company to be able to put out a popular disc using a low budget (minimal packaging and web order only) and then they don't don't bother making enough to feed the demand. Now the ebay sales start for obscene prices and the company makes nothing and the artist gets nothing. I don't get it. How hard can it be to make another run of discs. And think how many they might have sold it they actually promoted it?

K

If you scroll down you can actually experience the real record company response HERE

Well, as compensation I've pre-ordered the Opeth album due for release later this month, that is a CD/blu-ray with a Steven Wilson mix all for £13.99. My money was there but now it's gone elsewhere.

Back