Pink Floyd - The Later Years (1987-2019) [CD/DVD/Blu-Ray Box Set]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this is the same mix/master as the one released in the big box, I'd go have a look at the reviews there regarding AMLOR before purchasing. It is surely the poorest PF surround release by a wide margin.
(y) I agree @LuvMyQuad
The vocals are buried on the original blu-ray.
Increasing the volume of the center channel doesn't help.
:(

Holy shit this is awesome. I love the 5.1 mix, I got to listen to it when the box came out but never actually sprang for the whole box, because honestly all I really want is the 5.1. Ever since the box came, I've been hoping there'd be a standalone, so this is a day 1 purchase for me.

I’ve just had a listen to both versions of LTF on YouTube first this new 360° fake surround one and then the standard stereo. This 360° mix is crap compared to the stereo it’s muddy and heck and just sounds like it was playing inside a 5 gallon bucket to me. Thanks but no thanks.
I compared my non remastered CD and the 360 Reality Audio Youtube video and the mastering is SO bad!!! I found out that I'm less difficult than some here, so for me to find it bad is because it really is. It's Richard Chicky bad (my reference for bad mastering, I have some of his Rush mixes).

What's disappointing to me is that this means that "Animals" is now probably pushed back yet again until 2022.
I really hope that this release marks the end of "The Later Years" release campaign.

I'm with you sadly, my guess too is that this release timing is significant and consequently that we won't get to see the surround version of Animals this year :(

If this is the same mix/master as the one released in the big box, I'd go have a look at the reviews there regarding AMLOR before purchasing. It is surely the poorest PF surround release by a wide margin.

Something definitely wrong with your equipment, then. It sounded awesome here in 17 channel surround other than them changing the vocals up on some bits. Learning To Fly was perfect. Way better than most of their surround albums. I swear I'm in some alternate universe sometimes....

Something definitely wrong with your equipment, then. It sounded awesome here in 17 channel surround other than them changing the vocals up on some bits. Learning To Fly was perfect. Way better than most of their surround albums. I swear I'm in some alternate universe sometimes....
There is nothing wrong with any of my equipment. I think you'll find you are squarely in the minority on the quality of this release. Maybe that alternate universe thing.

I'm with you sadly, my guess too is that this release timing is significant and consequently that we won't get to see the surround version of Animals this year :(

I wonder if the announcement of this release serves as subtle middle finger back at Roger’s posting of the Animals re-release and the somewhat cheap shot comments on the liner note disagreement?

I wonder if the announcement of this release serves as subtle middle finger back at Roger’s posting of the Animals re-release and the somewhat cheap shot comments on the liner note disagreement?
I hope not! .................... as that would probably mean years of waiting

I mean and here we are how many months later and we still have no word on Animals? Someone said it, prolly gonna be 2022 now. At least this is SOMETHING from PF that I want and will buy.

Back