Quadek QS/SQ Decoder App for Mac

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it
These guys might be good at code but not so at user interfacing it will use the built in mic or line in can't read from cd or itunes you need other software to make it work with sound cards output and i'm down loading them now

Got it
These guys might be good at code but not so at user interfacing it will use the built in mic or line in can't read from cd or itunes you need other software to make it work with sound cards output and i'm down loading them now

Ok soundflower works to link the source to quadek and sound like it works I need to find a test cd around here that has sq and qs channel checks on it

The contact I have with the company states that it works well, but there is no logic module.

Also, yes, you need sound routing software to make this work. I can vouch for soundflower as I have used it extensively to route audio around to different inputs and outputs. It will let you do a lot of things other software won't. I used to use it to route iTunes audio to skype a lot. lol

Got it

Ok soundflower works to link the source to quadek and sound like it works I need to find a test cd around here that has sq and qs channel checks on it

Updates on your tests with this app would be much appriciated!!!

Also, oxforddickie, do you have any experience with mac software?

I downloaded this app and had a little play with it the other night.. for anyone curious, it actually works! :yikes

Its quite effective with the "four corners" kind of mixes I have so far on SQ LP (including things like the excerpted tracks from Chase 1st album, Santana/Abraxas on an SQ compilation) but less so with others.. very neat interface though and fun if a tad limited by what its actually doing with the 2-channel signal.

If the developers get to build upon it and upgrade it, it could be excellent, as it is its an entertaining curio, I guess.. for one thing it has proven to me my first physical SQ decoder (its on the shopping list..) has to be one of the better/later ones or a Surround Master, I've been spoilt by years of discrete Quad and the basic SQ kershizzle just ain't gonna cut it for me now..!! :eek:

A further update..

Decoding SQ LPs (especially the later Quad period records I've been picking up from 76/77, like Wired, Message In The Music..) with the QS function in this Quadek app is a vast improvement on the SQ.. Very impressive to my ears, in fact.

In Johnnie Taylor's "Eargasm" (another Quad from 76 and another one I guess less of the "Four Corners" type variety Quad mixes?) there's a bit where the backing girls go "Joh-nnie" all breathily and seductively.. and amazingly it pans perfectly from front to back..!!

AWESOME.

So I'd say check out your SQ in QS mode in this App guys and girls! It's a hoot!

Back