Sansui SD-5050 PRTS BOM, Cap list and \ or Schematic

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently purchased a SD-5050 in a non working state. I know it has many hours on it; and it is blowing its main fuse. A little investigation leads me to the Power Supply.
I typically do all of my own restorations, and have a number of Amp and receiver rebuilds \ restoMods under the belt.

2 requests.

1. My I get some Images on heads at or beyond their life. These heads do show wear. If they are too far gone, I need to consider locating replacements or reevaluate the restoration. If anyone can offer up a few images it might assist me in this decision.

2. a BOM, parts list and \ or a schematic. I am fully capable of determining if a cap is in a power or audio circuit, and then selection a low noise part BUT if there are any available lists I would be much appreciated.
(It really helps when you already have all parts on hand VS trying to read them In Situ and then place an order with Mouser.. and miss a few .. )

For payback, I can document the rebuild and post it here.

A big thanx in advance; it is much appreciated.

Anyone have a schematic for the Quad playback \ Stereo record SD-5050?

Possibly the QD-5050 schematic would be the same for the power supply?

I am finalizing my Technics 1700 turntable restoration, and next on the bench is the Sansui.

I am itching to play to 50 plus tapes I acquired with the deck :)

Were these 50 plus tape pre-recorded tapes? If so you could sell a couple of 'em and buy a working machine.

Back