Sean Connery (James Bond) RIP

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Albert Sharpe - is he remembered?
Not so much, since he was born in 1885 and only made one more film before retiring in 1960.

Janet Munro was the girl of my dreams when I was in the first grade.
She could hunt for gold, climb mountains, and load your rifle in a pirate fight.
💓💘💓

Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 1.58.10 PM.png

As Disney's lively lass Katie O'Gill she was the freshness of spring.
She could inspire you to dance a jig through a field of flowers.
Her entrancing green eyes and catchy spirit had that kind of life-affirming effect.
Cute, spunky, almond-eyed British actress Janet Munro was deemed to be an actress from day one as the daughter of Scottish stage and variety hall comedian Alex Munro.

Adaptable to both comedy and drama, the little charmer caught the eye of Walt Disney who saw big things for her, and she was signed to a five-picture deal in 1959. She made four.
Appealing to a brand new generation of Britishers and Americans as the scrappy, brunette-banged ingénue of several box-office family films, she brightened up the day with her performances in Darby O'Gill and the Little People (1959), Third Man on the Mountain (1959), and Swiss Family Robinson (1960).

Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 3.19.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 3.13.11 PM.png

I'm straying somewhat here but...
In the 80's I worked at a pro level custom photo lab. The boss & I started a side business combing graphic arts design with one artist on hand, & the boss, David, & I handled all the photography & printing aspects. A micro ad agency. David was Chinese & with no connection at all to the Polaroid camera the name he chose was SPECTRA just cuz he said it sounded so advanced. That's what it meant to him. To me it always stood for:
Special Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Advertising

In the 80's I worked at a pro level custom photo lab. The boss & I started a side business combing graphic arts design with one artist on hand, & the boss, David, & I handled all the photography & printing aspects. A micro ad agency. David was Chinese & with no connection at all to the Polaroid camera the name he chose was SPECTRA just cuz he said it sounded so advanced. That's what it meant to him. To me it always stood for:

It's a good thing you managed to squeeze in Advertising in the title...just saying o_O :whistle:

I'm glad you "strayed"...that is what makes this forum so enjoyable...when members reveal a little about themselves...nothing wrong with the wikipedia responses...I've learned a lot using that service....but a real life little "ditty" is always welcome(y)

Sleeping with the enemy, huh, SW?

SPECTRE
(an acronym for Special Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion) is a fictional organisation featured in the James Bond novels by Ian Fleming,

The Worldwide Play
BluRay Sean Connery "The Anderson Tapes" is out in a few days

Great Music Composed By Quincy Jones
Still trying to find who the Musician Names on his big band of that Soundtrack.

OK, rant alert--
I will never understand the fact that , when someone dies, they immediately become GREAT PEOPLE! (great example..John McCain...really ? a warhawk that claimed proudly BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB IRAN"??? nope, sorry...the fact he dead does not make him a great person..)

Mind you, I can forgive a few sins cause we are all human but one of them that I find unforgiveable is PUNCHING WOMEN...I unfortunately witnessed it when I was a kid and I will never understand it...so, Sean, who was kinda PROUD of punching women, may have been 007, but he was an assh*le to me...I'd rather go with Roger Moore...

OK, rant alert--
I will never understand the fact that , when someone dies, they immediately become GREAT PEOPLE! (great example..John McCain...really ? a warhawk that claimed proudly BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB IRAN"??? nope, sorry...the fact he dead does not make him a great person..)

Mind you, I can forgive a few sins cause we are all human but one of them that I find unforgiveable is PUNCHING WOMEN...I unfortunately witnessed it when I was a kid and I will never understand it...so, Sean, who was kinda PROUD of punching women, may have been 007, but he was an assh*le to me...I'd rather go with Roger Moore...
How you dragged John McCain & Iran into a post about a Scottish actor dying is quite dumbfounding. I will think more on your rant. Maybe a few too many Pat O'Briens Hurracaines for you?

Last edited:
How you dragged John McCain & Iran into a post about a Scottish actor dying is quite dumbfounding. I will think more on your rant. Maybe a few too many Pat O'Briens Hurracaines for you?
just being a grouchy old man who is a bit tired of people "sanctifying" anyone who dies...the McCain example was the 1st one I though of with no political agenda, though...
and besides, I can't stand wife beaters...that happens when you see you witness it yourself...just saying...

One of my favorite scenes from a Bond film

Goldfinger is still my favorite. Gert Frobe does such a great part as Goldfinger. And can there ever be a better name for a lead actress than Pussy Galore? I think not. My friend even had a Goldfinger slot car set with an Aston Martin and Mustang that raced around (and through) a mountainous track layout.

just being a grouchy old man who is a bit tired of people "sanctifying" anyone who dies...the McCain example was the 1st one I though of with no political agenda, though...
and besides, I can't stand wife beaters...that happens when you see you witness it yourself...just saying...

McCain's missteps and Biden's as well are miniscule in comparison to the good they have done for the country they admirably served.

But wife beaters are cowards and the fact that Connery had the audacity to brag about it is UNFORGIVEABLE and wholly REPREHENSIBLE.

After I watched the ultimately depressing Michael Jackson expose LEAVING NEVERLAND, I find it hard to separate the monster Jackson was to his musical legacy.

Back