Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And now for something completely different – play it LOUD!
1678047752921.png
https://www.discogs.com/release/4402859-The-Clash-Give-Em-Enough-Rope

I'm up to set/show no. 5 , Athens, GA.. I just noticed that they pressed on "peach" colored vinyl ...Georgia PEACH...get it?????
The best sounding set noise wise was the previous Greensboro one (on light green soda pop vinyl)...seems that the less color used , the better the vinyl quality...
NzktMTM5MS5qcGVn.jpeg

Here's an impressive roster of personnel, and some great playing, but the production ruins it for me. More like "Box of everything I don't like about 80s music". Probably early wave of digital recording technology too?

If they'd recorded it more like a blues album it would've been great! I guess they were trying to be current.

Ex-Yardbirds with Guests: XYG?

Paul Samwell Smith
Chris Dreja
Jim McCarty
John Fiddler
Jeff Beck
Rory Gallagher
Max Middleton
Dzal Martin
Ray Majors

frogs.jpg

I felt that I needed this in my collection: Small Faces - Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake
1968 album, 2012 picture disc reissue.
View attachment 89470
At first I thought you'd put the LP cover on! I have the original album with the cut-out cover that unfolds.
The picture disc looks great though, I should have bought one!

At first I thought you'd put the LP cover on! I have the original album with the cut-out cover that unfolds.
The picture disc looks great though, I should have bought one!
If you want it the vendor I used on Discogs still has copies available, £21 free postage, in the UK, not a bad price compared to some of the vinyl I've been buying recently. Listening to it, it has a kind of rumbling sound discernible on the quieter parts and a few crackles, I've heard much worse.

Back