Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_5311.jpg

And now for something completely different

Best of ZZ Top
I have an RCA record club edition where there is a second or two of separation between Waitin’ for the Bus and Jesus Just Left Chicago. Lol the non-gapless vinyl edition. And the drums were that awful remix reverb sound they did for the 6-pack mastering back in the 80s. Truly horrible!

No more 8-tracks in my collection, but I do have the 3-channel SACD. Of course, it’s the definitive performance and an excellent recording, even if the backs are silent.

This little guy has had his beak in a few shots, I figured I'd get him full frame for once. Gift from a friend who was in Costa Rica.

The album sounds to me like a mono mic recording of solo piano in a room somewhere, quite enjoyable to listen to.

marik_liszt.jpg

after spinning the Tina Turner (RIP) LP and seeing it was basically a Fixx LP, I bought Phantoms, sealed with hype sticker for less than $15 incl shipping... LOOOVE that 80s bright pressings! I have "Reach the Beach" on LP in Madrid which I bought 30+years ago for $4 in "Disco Stop" in Mayagüez PR when it was going out of business!
LTgxMzkuanBlZw.jpeg

also some FUNKY custom labels!!!
LTY0NzAuanBlZw.jpeg

LTE1MjEuanBlZw.jpeg

The smoke from the Canadian wildfires that hit New York the other week has hit my neck of the woods. Air Quality Index at 248! Some appropriately apocalyptic music then: Godspeed You! Black Emperor’s Lift Yr. Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven!
IMG_5375.jpeg

Sgt. Pepper from super deluxe box
Neu 2 German LP
Legend of the Lost and Found - Harry Chapin 2 LP

My World Fell Down - Sagittarius mono 45 deserved to be a bigger hit!
Gary Usher & Curt Boettscher (Sagittarius) w/pals:
Lead Vocal: Glen Campbell
Backing Vocal: Bruce Johnston, Terry Melcher, Gary Usher
Guitar: James Burton, Glen Campbell, Dennis Budimir, John Merrill
Bullring sequence (edited out on LP version) reportedly courtesy of Brian Wilson

Back