Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dusted this off, it’s been years.

Attachments

• 30FA1EE7-DCAC-41EA-A2AD-11D76BC27ECE.jpeg
    30FA1EE7-DCAC-41EA-A2AD-11D76BC27ECE.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 0
http://www.blam1.com/discovision/Universal_Pictures/13-006.htmd
In the spring of 1981, I mail ordered the Flash Gordon Laserdisc (bought the soundtrack LP in 1980 and the CD w/extra tracks in 1993), it was one of the few stereo videodiscs, in a few scenes, the laserdisc stereo imaging is amazing (using Magneplaner speakers), I didn't get surround sound set up until 1991 (didn't try the LP w/DIY matrix decoder).

I bought the UHD Blu-ray on the 40th anniversary of the LD release, I just have DPL, DD & DTS 4.1 for all surround sound.

Kirk Bayne

Last edited:
Needed a pick-me-up
#queen #flash #ost
View attachment 85214
I kinda grew up with this as Queen was kind of at the height of their power in the U.S. But, damn when I listen now I wish the audio from the movie was not overdubbed on top of the music. It's not exactly the type of album to get a deluxe edition or anything, but I wish they would include both versions. I know some people prefer the movie bits in there.

I kinda grew up with this as Queen was kind of at the height of their power in the U.S. But, damn when I listen now I wish the audio from the movie was not overdubbed on top of the music. It's not exactly the type of album to get a deluxe edition or anything, but I wish they would include both versions. I know some people prefer the movie bits in there.
The movie overdubs are always what made this album feel extra fun, to me!!!

Back