Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(1983) Was (Not Was) - Born To Laugh At Tornadoes

6DA505BD-0ACE-418C-BA21-FD6B7EE660E3.jpeg
07963469-0E94-411B-944B-F06C17A1C217.jpeg

I'm using a EPS-310MC cartridge and a NAD PP-2e phono stage. I just picked up a Monoprice #27222 Pure Tube Stereo Amplifier, and it sounds great with Klipsch Heresy III speakers. I use 'em like headphones 🎧!!!
I used to have a similar turntable from Technics, the only problem is it couldn't identify tracks on picture LPs.

View attachment 84887

I picked this up used, last weekend. This copy looks to be laser etched directly into the black vinyl.

Great album, great band. This was apparently the first record ever to use laser etching. Most, if not all, U.S. pressings of the album came this way.

A&M would try it again soon with Styx's Paradise Theater.

2b3aa06f2b2708a506004f1b2b836aeb.jpg

And then Warner Brothers gave it a try with the Superman II soundtrack.

R-2559469-1383123954-7537.jpg

Great album, great band. This was apparently the first record ever to use laser etching. Most, if not all, U.S. pressings of the album came this way.

A&M would try it again soon with Styx's Paradise Theater.

View attachment 84892

And then Warner Brothers gave it a try with the Superman II soundtrack.

View attachment 84893

I thought it was going to affect play but it doesn’t.

I haven’t heard of them, so I have to ask, is it interesting? Is it good?

Not judging an album by its cover, but, yeah, the cover and disc look cool.
Where do I start? well I have quite a few of their albums, Tobias Sammet's Avantasia is similar to Arjen Anthony Lucassen's Ayreon, he assembles different singers and musicians for each album, this album is described in Discogs as Symphonic Metal. I decided to go for the picture disc this time as a collector's item, I'm liking it a lot.

Back