• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Stephen Stills DVD-A?

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Kazaam

701 Club - QQ All-Star
I was kind of surprised the email didn't tell me they were cancelling my order seeing as how things seem so "up in the air", at best, with this release (to put it 'nicely').

DennisMabry

900 Club - QQ All-Star
Well, Amazon UK cancelled my order;

We regret to inform you that we have been unable to obtain the following item:

Stephen Stills "Stephen Stills: +Dvda"
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003SS9DNQ

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.

We apologise for the length of time it has taken us to reach this conclusion. Until recently, we had still hoped to obtain this item for you.

This went from an official Holy Crap to just Crap. :(

Last edited:

ChristopherLees

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Well, Amazon UK cancelled my order;

We regret to inform you that we have been unable to obtain the following item:

Stephen Stills "Stephen Stills: +Dvda"
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003SS9DNQ

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order #xxxxxxxx and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.

We apologise for the length of time it has taken us to reach this conclusion. Until recently, we had still hoped to obtain this item for you.

This went from an official Holy Crap to just Crap. :(
ditto

the UK site has a new option
"Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available"

mmm I sort of thought that I did

Last edited:

Old Quad Guy

Preservationist
Staff member
Sort of makes you wonder why this "mistake" of info. If a mistake on Amazon's part did this come out in any regular old "CD only" version anywhere now?

If the record companies were smart, they would take the information on the orders that were already placed and those signing up for this in the future to gain somewhat of a picture of what sort of interest there is for a particular product. Or better yet, why not just ask us what we want and manufacture that amount of product and make this work. This is a completed project waiting for release and not making any money sitting in the record companies closet.

BananaSlug

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Maybe they're just changing it to a blu-ray release. Would be nice if they told us one way or the other...

jefe1

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
How do things get posted in the first place if they don't exist? It had to of started with Rhino, whichever one it was. So in theory this dvda mix must exist or have been done, otherwise why advertize it. Yes switching to a blu ray format instead makes sense in view of the Petty releases so maybe we'll see it. But why torture us, this is like some army psychology experiment.

cupboy

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
If Rhino wants to use Blu-ray for audio-only they should at least make them compatible with all Blu-ray players, not just the newer models. The newer models are nowhere near as good with audio as the older players. Also they need to upgrade the packaging. The Petty packaging is horrible and shows no class at all.

cupboy

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
May I ask, which old & new model players are you speaking of? :confused:
I have a Panasonic BDP-10A (old, and doesn't play the Petty disk... and no firmware updates come out for this one anymore). An example of a new model would be, well, that junk that you see in stores now, none of which cost more than $250 and have only stereo analog outputs.

Perpendicular

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I have a Panasonic BDP-10A (old, and doesn't play the Petty disk... and no firmware updates come out for this one anymore). An example of a new model would be, well, that junk that you see in stores now, none of which cost more than $250 and have only stereo analog outputs.
The junk in the stores now, have always been that, junk.
You need to get yourself an OPPO BDP-93.
Of course, it's a $500.00 player but it's the best for the money. ;)

Odys

701 Club - QQ All-Star
I still haven't received a cancellation email. I'm not hoping for a miracle, but I've always gotten a cancellation notice in the past for things like this.

cupboy

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
The junk in the stores now, have always been that, junk.
You need to get yourself an OPPO BDP-93.
Of course, it's a $500.00 player but it's the best for the money. ;)
I'll be getting a BDP-95 sometime this year. I almost ordered one yesterday but then backed out when they wanted me to pay for shipping on top of their $999 price.

Perpendicular

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I'll be getting a BDP-95 sometime this year. I almost ordered one yesterday but then backed out when they wanted me to pay for shipping on top of their $999 price.
Very nice! :)

The shipping charges are not all that bad. :(
I assume you'll wait for Amazon to get their stock in?

admsh

So, thought I'd try on this thread even though it's been dead for so long.

Does anyone know if this album was actually remixed for 5.1 and stayed in the vaults for some reason? And if so, now that AF is doing 5.1, is there any reason to hope this will be coming?

I'm thinking since Supersession and BST were the first titles, and those mixes as well were done and then remained in the vaults, that maybe there's hope?

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Looking back through the thread, I think it was mixed for surround and even prepared for release before being shelved for one reason or another.
Most releases don't get to preorder state like this one did unless some serious work went into it beforehand, so I bet this one's ready to go and is just languishing there.
I'd personally love a CD/Blu-Ray release like "Moondance", but if an AF SACD is the only way it would get out there, I say bring it on! :)

Group builder