Steven Wilson Steven Wilson - The Harmony Codex (2023)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like Rarewaves ships out of the U.K., just like Chalky's. I've ordered from both with no problem before. This time, Chalky's sent me a message:

"Hi there - we noticed you have purchased a DVD or Blu-Ray which is region encoded. Region 2 DVDs and Region B Blu-rays are designated for the European market and you will need to make sure your disc player is multi-region capable. If it is not you may need to cancel the order."

I don't have a multi-region player, so had to request a cancellation. It seems I am destined not to get a physical copy of this release. Good thing SW is so successful, as he's not making it easy for me to give him my money. 😜
Some blu-ray players can be unlocked. My Oppo 105 was unlocked by downloading a file from Oppo”s Australian website.

The harmony codex standalone blu ray for any doubters
image.jpg

What a major fuck up. This wins my special award for the worst managed release ever (nothing against Burningshed of course):

"Thanks for your order but instead of sending out an email alert and there being a mad scramble for the last remaining copies, we decided that it would be fairer to draw 60 names at random from the 1500 people on the list.

If you have not had an email from us with the special link you are not one of the lucky ones.

This means we will have to cancel and refund your order.

Sorry for any confusion.

Kind regards,

Chloe
Burning Shed Support Manager
[email protected]"

The edition is "Limited" to however many pressings they decide they can trickle out. Interesting strategy. Fwiw, I'm content with my bluray. I liked the album but not enough I need the extra anything. Hopefully this fulfils the needs of those who did want the deluxe and can now get it.
Not a repress, it seems, just 60 another copies that came out of the blue (possibly returned items, spares, etc)

Not a repress, it seems, just 60 another copies that came out of the blue (possibly returned items, spares, etc)
Okay, I was confused by your post but I understand now. They're not 'advertising' the lottery thing, they're just taking the orders then refunding/not fully processing all but the random 60.

I'm a fan of Burning Shed, but not really of this strategy. Is it a deal breaker? Heck no, I'll still order from them again (someday, when Dollar-->Pound exchange rates are less lobsided).

Okay, I was confused by your post but I understand now. They're not 'advertising' the lottery thing, they're just taking the orders then refunding/not fully processing all but the random 60.

I'm a fan of Burning Shed, but not really of this strategy. Is it a deal breaker? Heck no, I'll still order from them again (someday, when Dollar-->Pound exchange rates are less lobsided).
I was truly confused in the morning too, when I was able to place the order and then I got the mail from BS. I must say I got the refund just a few minutes after the mail.
This would have been easily avoided had they wrote a comment on their site advising not to order unless the raffle mail had been received.
Anyway, first world problems, at least I'm not any poorer than in the morning

What a major fuck up. This wins my special award for the worst managed release ever (nothing against Burningshed of course):

"Thanks for your order but instead of sending out an email alert and there being a mad scramble for the last remaining copies, we decided that it would be fairer to draw 60 names at random from the 1500 people on the list.

If you have not had an email from us with the special link you are not one of the lucky ones.

This means we will have to cancel and refund your order.

Sorry for any confusion.

Kind regards,

Chloe
Burning Shed Support Manager
[email protected]"
I woke up excited after seeing your post about this and was planning to put an order in this morning. Don't believe I got an email from them, and yes I still want the Deluxe edition. I feel your pain - BUMMER!!!

Yikes! I also placed an order for this using the link posted above (only possible after logging in to my BS account). The payment processed with no issues. Just got an order confirmation email (with an order ID), but no cancellation email (at least not yet). @César, did you get a confirmation email before your cancellation email?

Back