Tears for Fears - "The Seeds of Love" (Steven Wilson 5.1 Remix out on October 9th!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sowing the cease and desist of love?
Sowing the seeds of LAW!!!!
damnit, mine would have been so much better with law and not love ...

SORRY, FELLAS, ANY FURTHER INFO ON THIS RELEASE IS STRICTLY CLASSIFIED

See the source image

A Couple of "Seedy Characters"

THEY EVEN COERCED ME INTO SIGNING A NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT

See the source image

Last edited:
So the box is five discs. Shall we speculate as to what's included? I would guess the following:

Disc One: Original album
Disc Two: b-sides and single mixes
  • Sowing the Seeds of Love (12" version)
  • Tears Roll Down
  • Laid So Low (Tears Roll Down)
  • Woman in Chains (instrumental)
  • My Life in the Suicide Ranks
  • Always in the Past
  • Ghost Papa
  • Johny Panic and the Bible of Dreams
  • Johny Panic and the Bible of Dreams (instrumental)
  • Music For Tables
  • Advice For the Young at Heart (single mix)
  • Sowing the Seeds of Love (single edit)
  • Woman in Chains (single edit)
  • Year of the Knife (single version)
DVD One: Going to California concert video + music videos for "Sowing the Seeds of Love", "Woman in Chains" and "Advice For the Young at Heart".
DVD Two: 5.1 mix & hi-res stereo of original LP

So what could the 5th disc be? Maybe a live CD from the '90 tour?
It's a Blu-Ray Disc and there's no video included as far as I know. Still, the unreleased material on the CDs will hopefully make up for the lack of "Going to California" (which apparently has some rights issues, although I fail to understand that given that it was already released on DVD back in 2005).

What do we think are the chances of a standalone Blu-ray as with SFTBC?
Zero.

AFAIK, there will not be any single-disc Blu-Ray option this time. Universal did away with that kind of release about 4 years ago and have not looked back since.
The box should be the only way to get the 5.1 mix, but if the price is really what it is based on current pre-order options, then it won’t be a very expensive set at all, given the amount of content that will be in the box.

Until I read your reply, I had lost track of how long ago Songs from the Big Chair' blu-ray came out. It doesn't seem like like that long ago but 2014 Yikes!
How time flies (pardon the pun)

Hmmm. I share Roland´s Bday (Aug 22nd, this coming Saturday) and maybe he´s waiting until then to make it official...hopefully, the RELEASE...
For some reason I thought you were a Scorpio based on previous posts...happy birthday in case I miss it! (I thought you said you were a Scorpio somewhere... I can’t deduce astrological signs from posts, lol)

Hmmm. I share Roland´s Bday (Aug 22nd, this coming Saturday) and maybe he´s waiting until then to make it official...hopefully, the RELEASE...

A MOST HAPPY [UPCOMING] B~DAY to both you, KAP ... and ROLAND 🎂🍸🍾

And SEEDS on LOVE being released on what would have been John Lennon's special day [October 9th] with a Steve Wilson remix on a LOSSLESS BD~A 5.1 makes this a celebration for ALL OF US!

There's definitely a blu-ray disc involved, don't worry. These mock-ups often have small errors (there is one of The Hurting floating around with a wrong cover).

I'm a bit miffed they didn't use the singles artwork for the disc sleeves, though, and especially not the actual LP's cover for the remaster of the main album - seems odd and out of line with the approach of the first two sets.

Back